Friday, April 15, 2005

Okay, so today I realized the strangest thing...it sometimes sucks to get out of something you're used to doing. I'm thinking specifically about IMPACT. This is Edge weekend...lots of soon-to-be freshmen come for the weekend for a pre-orientation orientation. I've done almost millions of these things. Or at least somewhere around 10 (when you've only been at a school for 4 years, that's a lot...cuz they only happen in spring and summer). I know how stressful it can be for people, so I went down to the library to basically wish everyone luck. Well, I kinda wanted to stick around. God gave me a real love for things like that. Greeting people, smiling, joking with everyone there...I just miss the fellowship that comes with it. I could have helped out; they tried to get me to a few weeks ago. It's just strange...when it wasn't going on, I didn't really want to be a part of it at all. But now that it's happening, I really wanna be down there. I can go without it, I know. I'll be glad I'm not in it still tonight when I'm able to do what I want and everyone else is making up cheers and running around and playing the same old games I've played 4 years in a row. But right now, when I need to be writing a paper, I long for the fellowship of the Themelios group. So much investment into my life, so many great memories. I got to know Jonathan working at a Summer Edge event. He was the most helpful admissions worker there. I've made good friends at these. Great memories, great times.

I guess that this weekend God is really showing me something. I need to be joyful of that which I've done and passed on to someone else. I've spent a lot of time complaining about it, but I was really doing something that I loved. He's also showing me that it was something I did well, because the new leaders don't really need my help for anything. Things are running like clockwork. So God blessed me in that particular ministry; I now need to use those skills in a different area of my life.

Good luck with Edge everyone.

3 comments:

sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sarah said...

hey kelly, can you e-mail me soon? I have a question for you about this weekend :) medsg2@yahoo.com

thank you for your constant and amazing hugs, they are some of my favorite. I love you!