So today was Conlan's first playdate. A woman named Rebecca from the church we attended Sunday invited Conlan to come over. So we went and played for two hours. Well, it was interesting...it was SO normal. I mean, these are regular moms who stay at home but don't homeschool. Not so out-of-the-ordinary. At least not to most people.
I, on the other hand, was a little uncomfortable. They were just SO NORMAL!!! If you think about it, my world for the last seven years has consisted of missionaries, computer science majors, and engineers. I mean, the school I attended and later worked at was so eclectic. That's what I had gotten used to. Weird and slightly nerdy. I honestly don't want it any other way. Don't get me wrong; these are wonderful women. I will definitely love to get to know them better. But they were normal. Just normal.
I miss very much the life in Longview. I'd love to find a group of homeschool women who have the creativity that you all do. I know that I will never be able replace you, but why do I need to? :) Each one of you will hold a special place in my heart. I'll post as soon as I know about Jonathan's job.
Thursday, March 06, 2008
Playdate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment