Today has started out much better than usual. You know, I don't know why it's so hard for me to remember that my outlook is much brighter when I have my quiet time. I just need the time to get up and say, "Okay Lord. This day is devoted to you." Sounds easy enough, right?
I think that I forget that maintaining a relationship (of any kind) requires discipline. For me, that includes structure. Don't get me wrong, I know tons of people who are disciplined in their walk with Christ, but structure is nowhere near the picture. For me, however, they come hand in hand. Because of this, I tend to take it out on Jonathan when my structure is unstable. If he gets up late, I pull out the "You need to be a leader" bit. I find it funny (not ha-ha funny) how I only bring that up when it relates to something that I'm not doing. Well, this morning I resolved to be more responsible for my own actions. Once again, sounds easy enough, right?
This morning I read Ephesians 4:1-3: "Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the blood of peace." Just what I needed this morning. This is a pretty good mom/wife verse to me. The characteristics are wife-ly. So that's what I'm shooting for today. I'm thinking about writing this verse on my mirror in lipstick or something. So I see it every morning.
Yesterday I went to the farmer's market. There wasn't a ton there, but I found local tomatoes, which are VERY important with the whole salmonella thing right now. I also picked up some green beans, some dill, and a lavender spray for beds. (Mmmmm!!!) After that I was going to stop at a consignment store to see how I would bring clothes there, but I never made it. Next door was a scrapbooking store that was going out of business. People that know me really well know that I would rather pull out all of my own teeth than put together a scrapbook. But I LOVE the papers. All of them were 40% off! (Kate, if you get a chance, it's open until the end of June. I thought about you when I saw it.) So, I picked up some paper and a 6 foot table. The paper is what I've been looking for to decorate my house. So now I just have to think of an art project of some kind. Also, there was an independent coffee shop across the street!!! I don't buy froo-froo coffee often (one latte can provide water for three African children for one year), but I definitely don't like supporting Starbucks. They run independent coffee shops out of town and support some very questionable causes. Anyway, I haven't been able to find an independent shop yet.
Today I'm cleaning mostly. Our house is a wreck. I'm also going to fry up some pickles and green tomatoes if I have the time. Jonathan and I are going to have a picnic in the park tonight; Moore has a summer concert series. Every Friday night a band plays in the park. So fun!! Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful day!!
Friday, June 13, 2008
Daily Goals
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Hey! Ooh, I would love to go get scrapbook paper. =P
The last time my dad was here, we were talking about how we're getting a Starbucks in Derby (he is a big fan of Starbucks). I said something about it not being good for the local shops. But he told me (he reads The Economist, Wallstreet Journal and all that and his job for 30 years was trade/finance/economics stuff) that Starbucks actually increases the business of independent coffee shops. I don't remember where he was reading this, but the study said that having a Starbucks in town made people want to drink coffee more, but so many people are unwilling to pay that much for coffee, that they start going to local shops.
Obviously all I know is what he said but I kinda think it makes sense. I don't start thinking about a frappuccino until I pass a Starbucks and I am one of the people that would go to the local place instead. But as it is, I never go to local shops. Weird, huh? I don't like that I fit their study, lol.
Post a Comment