Thursday, September 18, 2008

Do I Blog?

Tonight I'm up so incredibly late...for me. Where have the days of staying up all night and going through the next day with unstoppable energy gone? I guess they disappeared with my first child... I think I'm still up because I had a much needed Dr. Pepper around 6:30. I knew that it would cause problems for me later; here I am at 11:15, still awake. I also feel like blogging though, which is another reason I'm still up I guess. I haven't really had time during the day.

For Jonathan's birthday, my parents bought him Rock Band for Wii, which has been a blast. Jonathan both have experience being in "bands" at one time, and it's a neat little throw back to a former time in our lives. (The quotations are for me, not him. He was in an actual band, while I was never part of one officially but sang with several on various occasions.) We've been up late playing that and remembering the music and teen angst of late middle school/early high school years. (I don't think Jonathan ever listened to Nirvana or Weezer back then, but since he's playing the guitar and not doing the karaoke, he doesn't really have to.) My mom got up for a little bit and played the drums, and that was lots of fun. My mom has the rhythm of a drunken monkey, so we liked playing it with her (though it made it hard to pick up one particular song; none of us knew it.)

During the days, we've been "keeping busy," per the instructions of my father. He did not want my mom and grandmothers worrying about their homes, so he told me to make sure that we had something to do. The state fair was Tuesday, and that was fun. We did a lot of walking in the hot, hot sun, and we all wanted to come home and crash. We did, however, have to do some light grocery shopping.

Wednesday was spent at the Oklahoma City Zoo. If you live in the area and have never been (or need a place to visit,) I HIGHLY suggest visiting this zoo. It is a beautiful zoo with lots of interesting exhibits. It was in the low 70s when we arrived, and all day the animals were coming out and performing for us. The tiger roared while we were standing at his cage, an ostrich charged us (luckily we had a chain link fence to protect us), and sea lions swam so close to the glass in the aquarium that they were basically touching it. Conlan was entranced by many of the animals, and some were entranced by him as well. We stopped to rest at one point, and my mom took Conlan over to a contraption that sprayed water to cool him off. While they were frolicking in the mist, the hyenas at the cage next to it were eyeing my tasty little boy. They were pacing in a circle like they were trying to figure out how to get him. A security vehicle even slowed down and watched them for a second to see if they were dangerous. I had my eye on them as well. After the zoo, we ran by a Christmas store called North Pole City. Unfortunately, I was too tired to enjoy it.

This morning we rested, then went out to the consignment convention. We found more wintery stuff for Conlan, but unfortunately, we didn't find me any maternity things. So my mom surprised me and said we were going to Motherhood. (As I am pregnant during the winter, I need new maternity clothes. With Conlan, I was pregnant in the summer.) I got some things to start my new maternity collection. While I was there, I found that I was much more comfortable in maternity clothes than regular clothes at this point. I didn't need the belly pillow at all. I think that my pooch from Conlan is making my stomach larger. I have the beginnings of a baby pooch, but it's not real prominent because of my tummy fat. But I guess that's the way it goes. Everyone says you start to show sooner with your second, and I think it's because it's hard to get rid of the baby fat from the first. Anyway, after that we did lunch and Hobby Lobby, which I got sick in the middle of. Not anything that required clean up, but just an extreme feeling of nausea. We went home, Conlan and I napped, and Mom and grandmas went out again. We went ahead and gave Jonathan his birthday gifts tonight, because Conlan bought his dad Mario Kart and want to watch him and Bugga (my mom) play. (Great-grandmas are called GiGi.) So we all played Mario Kart, and Jonathan did so while wearing his new Jay Cutler jersey (quarterback for the Broncos). Jonathan and I then switched back to Rock Band, and Mom and grandmas watched some online videos of Ike's affect on Galveston. (They had not yet seen the devestation.)

Now, it's a quarter till midnight, and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to go ahead and go to sleep, or if I'm going to stay up and kiss my hubby on his birthday. (I got the idea from you, Adriana...SO cute. Though I wouldn't copy you if I weren't still up.) I just looked back at this post, and it sure is long. It's amazing to me how much clearer my mind is when it's later at night. I've always had a better time at writing when my day is winding down. Oh, please be praying for Jonathan and a situation at work. I'm pretty sure I can't mention why, but some potentially big things could be happening. We need to make sure that Jonathan follows the path that God has laid out for him and doesn't chase after worldly things. Thanks!! I've decided to go to sleep. Goodnight to all!!

1 comment:

Vashey Fam said...

Kelly, wow the Wii sounds like fun! I'll be praying for Jonathan and I'm glad your parents are ok!