Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October Frost

Frost...in October?

I know you northern readers are thinking "no big deal," but my southern heart is not used to having to bring plants in so early. Today hit a high of about 58 degrees, which to me, is winter weather. (Growing up in Houston will do that to you.) I'm not complaining about the weather by any means; I love the cold. But it's strange...different. Tonight it should hit 45 degrees. We decided that it's now important for us to turn the heater on at night. We don't want our munchkin to freeze.

Tomorrow morning I'm taking Conlan up to Wichita to see his Aunt Rae Rae, Miss Anna and little Aiden. We hope to see Kate, Emily, and Lainey too. We're going to leave around 6:30 or 7:00 and get out before the rush hour traffic. (Keep in mind, rush hour in Oklahoma City really just goes from 7:30 am-8:00 am and moves at least 45 mph.) We only plan on staying through lunchtime; I have a lot to do still before we leave for Houston. Conlan will hopefully sleep the whole way home, and I will unfortunately have to forgo a nap tomorrow. But my sis is worth it!!! Yey!!

3 comments:

Vashey Fam said...

Have fun! I hope you get a few naps in there!

Anonymous said...

You'll get used to the early fall/winter. The thing that gets me is that I still get the gardening itch come February and we can't be guaranteed gardening season until sometime around Memorial Day.

Stephanie said...

There are times I really wish I lived some place where the fall is just gorgeous but then I have to weigh the snow and the cold in there and some how it just doesn't seem quite as appealing anymore. I wouldn't want to eliminate all snow and cold. The month of December would be perfect for that. And then if we could have fall for the 6 months out of the year like it's summer here or winter up north. I think that sounds good.