Monday, January 05, 2009

Emotions

My emotions have been all over the place the last few days. I've gone from incredibly content, to sure that something was wrong with Vera, to angry at the drop of a pin. I know this is part of pregnancy (to an extent), but I'm so discouraged about it this morning. (I was "angry at the drop of a pin" this morning.) It's Monday, and Mondays are grocery shopping/library days. But this morning, I really don't want to go to the grocery store. Of course, part of the problem is that we are out of milk for my coffee, but that isn't everything. I've even been good about getting up early enough and getting a quiet time in. I'm just slightly depressed. I don't know...maybe I'll make an unscheduled stop at Starbucks this morning. I don't ever do that anymore, so once may be okay. Plus, the lady at the drive-through is nice and chipper. :) In order to make it to the library on time, I have to get going with grocery shopping by 9.


Sorry about all the complaining. I'm just having one of those days where I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I think about what Bethany said the other day...she feels more overworked than experienced. I definitely feel that way this morning. I'm not sure any of us enter mother/wifehood knowing that it's definitely the most difficult job out there. Our work is never done...

*sigh*

Well, I have a lot to do before we leave the house. It's cold outside, and we have to bundle up when we leave. Have a good day everyone!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Don't be discouraged!! Emotions always get the best of me!! Even when I am not pregnant!! I will keep you and your little one in prayer!

"We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ"
2 Corinthians 10:5b

The Higgs Family said...

May you feel Gods peace today.

Take a deep breath and enjoy your coffee...oh, and Happy New Year!

Bethany Bassett said...

Most difficult, yes, yes, yes. But Starbucks helps. :) Warm wishes and virtual hugs.