Friday, February 21, 2003

Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.

--Unknown

New thoughts from my mind...Everyone of you have seen the signs popping up around campus. "How will war affect me?" I don't know what to think of this. It's arousing so many negative thoughts in my head. At first, I wasn't pleased at all. This kinda thing makes me uncomfortable. But then I realized why it makes me uncomfortable. I am living in a bubble. I have my own personal Kelly bubble. Then there's the floor bubble. Then the LU bubble. Not to mention the bubble of America. That's why I didn't want to hear it. Because it reminded me that as I'm living my life comfortably here in the wonderful US of A, there are people dying somewhere else. They don't have to necessarily be dying from war, but a lot of them are. How will we solve this? Through more war. South Koreans are getting killed by their opressors in North Korea. How do we stop that? Just kill off some North Koreans until they can't be oppressive anymore. Is this going to solve anything? I highly doubt it. I know that war is sometimes necessary. This is a fallen world. In order for peace to temporarily exist, we have to do something. What better way to instill peace than creating war?? I know I'm not really knowledgable about all of this. It is still something that will affect me somehow. Which brings me back to the flyer. How will war affect me? My question is this: Is this simply going to be another shameless plug from the recruiters that have been hovering over our Wednesday lunches for the past month? Don't tell me you haven't noticed them. Every Wednesday after chapel I watch people that I love go and sign their life away to the military. I know it's essential. This is my sinful nature talking. I guess that is one way that war will affect me. My fellow students, those that I love, my brothers and sisters in Christ...are signing up in order to get school paid for. The only catch is that they may not come back in order to get school paid for. The campus has a problem filling dorm rooms as it is. So I guess that war is affecting me in another way. I am losing people, and growing in worry. That's what the quote up top is for. This is a difficult time. Seeking God is what to do right now. I am having trouble doing so. So basically, those of you who read this and know me, please keep me accountable. I'm struggling over this one...God blesses America every day. Now it's time for America to bless God.

No comments: