Wednesday, February 19, 2003

Wow. I don't know if I will be able to keep up with this. I'm not much of a writer, even though my Keirsey Temperament survey says otherwise. You psychology people know about that. I just had this urge to write tonight though. I was finishing up my philosophy (I'm still not completely done) when I decided what I want to do for the rest of my life. I've been talking this out with people for a while, but I haven't been able to really pinpoint exactly what I wanted to do. I'm a Christian Ministries major with a minor in Psych, so I really have many things I can do. CMin prepares me for work in the church, but I don't wanna spend the rest of my life ministering to Christians, a.k.a. preaching to the choir. I have a heart not only for children, but also for the lost. I really wanna be able to reach people like me. Artsy fartsy literature buffs with an ear for good music, a eye for great art, and an interest in various world philosophies. Also, they have to like coffee. I'm sorry, that's a must. I want to open a coffee shop, one where people of all ages can come listen to live bands and see some cool artistic things. I want to have a bookshelf there with a sign that says, "Take one, but PLEASE bring it back." It is full of philosophers such as Kieirkegaard, Pascal, Sartre (even though his philosophy's wrong, it's incredible), and not to mention tons of C.S. Lewis, Ravi Zacharias, Norman Geisler, and Francis Shaeffer. Many other types of literature will be available on the little bookshelf. It will be a place with strangely painted walls, poetry nights, and caffeine-enhanced excitement. Though it will not be a proclaimed Christian environment, there will be much emphasis on Christian ideals. I don't think I want a proclaimed Christian environment, because once again, I don't wanna spend the rest of my life preaching to the choir. Those who aren't Christian have second thoughts about hanging out at a Christian coffee shop. It will be run by Christians, and all employees will be Christians, unless decided upon through considerable prayer. This is a combination of all the things that I thoroughly enjoy, and I have an intense desire to run it some day. Welp, there ya have it. My first blog. Enjoy.

<----- P.S. I know the angels are kinda creepy, but I kinda like them the more that I see them.

No comments: