If Christianity is simply about being nice, I'm not interested.
--Mike Yaconelli, Dangerous Wonder
I'm goin to make a point to try and write in this thing daily. Hopefully it won't always be after midnight. 8 o'clock classes come soon.
Lately something has been laid on my heart. I have a desire. This desire is to be more than I am. I want to lose all I have, for the sake of Christ. I want to be a light to the world. Right now I feel I am simply a tiny cinder. I know that even small lights can be seen. But my life is not making the impact I desire. Right now I get responses such as, "You're such a good person" and "What a great friend". This is disturbing to me, because I was these things before I got saved. That was over four years ago. I yearn for something greater. For all you LUers, you know the type that I talk about. Amanda Morgan. Jessie Marshall. Nathan Didlake. Those are just a few examples of lights that shine so incredibly bright on this campus and in this world. I'm not saying I want to be like them. My desire is strictly vertical. My desire is God. My desire is to be like God. I am searching to be child-like in my faith. I'm even reading a book about it. It's called Dangerous Wonder by Mike Yaconelli. That's where the above quote is from. Life should be lived in such complete freedom and joy, that every Christian should feel like a kid again. That's my desire. I wanna be a kid again. I act like one all the time. But I don't believe or think like one...that is my desire. Amanda, I wanna be three too. Jesus has a soft spot for three year olds. :)
Thursday, February 20, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment