It's incredible the amount of time you can have when you try and get your work done early. Right now it's 10:15 in the morning and I'm through with work until Friday. I do have a test Thursday, but it's a take home, so I don't need to do much studying for it now. Allergies are incredibly horrible (don't you just love Spring??) I really do, but the sickness has got to go. So yeah. I thought I'd take some time now and write a little more about Greece. It's amazing what happens to you when you go to a foreign country. You come back ready to change everything about yourself. At least that's always what happens to me. I see the way that things are there, and I want to have something completely different. I don't necessarily agree with the stuff that goes on there all the time...not a big fan of the sexual emphasis. However, the fact that the continent is old enough to have history facinates me. The history of America goes back to the 1600's, and before that it was simply Indians. Not that I have a problem with American Indians, but it just doesn't interest me as much as ancient Rome and Greece. I don't believe in the gods of the past there, but I do find it interesting. I find it strange that there was an entire culture that placed emphasis and belief and worship on beings that might as well have been human. Sure, they were immortal, but they were sustained by mortal things. They had to eat and drink and sleep. They made mistakes. They caused trouble. Somehow, some of them were even able to die. That doesn't make sense to me since they were immortal, but it happened. They were humans with a longer lifespan and special powers. As far as I know, Superman was greater than them. Superman could do everything Zeus could, and Superman used his powers to help humanity. Zeus just used them to pick up chicks. Yet there has never been anyone who has rationally believed that Superman existed. But somehow, intelligent, rational human beings believed in beings that were less than Superman. This is an interesting analogy, I know. It's prolly not too rational either. But it's the thought that entered my mind. Somehow, people SO intelligent and so modern for their time missed the most important aspect of life. I guess I don't understand. In fact, I don't understand a lot. I don't understand much of what they didn't understand back then. But I do understand God. I guess I can't say that, but I do know Him at least. I miss a lot. But I didn't miss God. How did all of ancient Greece miss God? Paul tried to tell them, and they thought he was introducing new gods for them to worship. They just didn't understand what he was trying to say. I guess the modern world is a lot like that too. There are many people trying to tell them that their gods of money and power and self reliance just won't cut it, and there is something better. The world turns it into New Age spiritualism. I guess it's a step closer, but it's not close enough. It's too exact. It has to be. The road is wider up top, but they closer you get to the gate, the more narrow the road is. Less can travel that way, and less will. Because they'd rather stay on the wide part with the majority of the people as to not stand out too much. I know this is jumping everywhere, but this is my current thought process. And now it's pretty much time to go. I know I really didn't say much about Greece here, other than I didn't understand the ancient culture. I know that they used gods to explain things they couldn't (that's what science is for now). But it doesn't make much sense to me. I guess that's enough for now. I kinda gotta go. God bless to everyone. Good day!
Tuesday, March 25, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment