Ahhhh...new set-ups are confusing. Blogs are STILL html though, which means that I can STILL do next to nothing on this. But yeah.
God. What a neat guy. Where would life be without Him? I know this sounds like a pretty basic and somewhat lame way to start this, but it really is true. God never ceases to amaze me. This is why. May seem like a long intro, but it all leads down to my point.
I feel like I've been all over Texas this weekend. Thursday night, Galveston. My family's borrowing a condo in downtown for a week or so. So Happy 4th to us...living in luxury for a few days. Friday. The 4th. Not much other than chillin in the port town. Saturday. What a day. Early morning travel to Dallas with Matt Brown for Bethany and Burn's wedding. We got there two hours early. So a little chillin in the Ft. Worth area to take up some time. The wedding was beautiful; I nearly cried 5 times...but I'm a girl. That's expected. Ok. God revelation #1 for the weekend. It is totally possible to find someone and have a completely God-centered relationship. I'm not out looking for a relationship necessarily, but I know that the kind I want is truly possible. He showed me that through Bethany and Burns.
Ok next. A huge group of us decided to go to Kris Daily's apartment, and in the process, took a 45 minute tour of Ft. Worth. Not that I don't enjoy riding in a caravan of 6 cars (which I do, by the way...it was fun), but I'm not normally a right lane driver...I believe it was Matt who put it that way. And when the person at the front of the caravan refuses to pass the blue haired old lady driving 35 on the freeway, it does get sorta frustrating. The caravan was fun...the speed of the caravan...not so much. God revelation #2 for the weekend. Patience. I need it. He's teaching me through traffic. I knew that already, because every day in traffic I re-learn it. But this time I was in the passenger's seat. And He is still teaching it to me. Patience is a virtue...I'm really trying to get it....
After Daily's. We went to someone else's apartment. Everyone will have to forgive me, cuz I really can't remember his name. But he used to live on 41. So we went, chilled over there for a little bit...after another 45 minute tour up to Plano. Once again, it was fun...6 car caravan, once again Jonathan Hellmuth attempting to and successfully cutting us off. The best thing about this place was the children. These people have 2 little boys, who made me smile with everything they did. They would play with their toys, and the two year old would head bang and skank to music his parents were playing. God revelation #3 for the weekend. Be like the children. It's something that I've always believed, but this weekend, I learned why. Children don't care about what others are thinking. If they feel like dancing to the music, they dance to the music. If they feel like playing with a train, they play with a train. It doesn't matter AT ALL what is going on around them. They are careless in their decisions and aren't afraid to make mistakes. That doesn't mean we should be careless, but sometimes (and I emphasize that), we shouldn't think things over so much. Some may disagree with me on that, but hear me out. It's pouring down rain outside. You have a choice to make: do you go outside and enjoy one of the most incredible splendors of God's creation, or do you stay inside so that you don't risk getting sick? People will definitely answer this question differently. But in my opinion, enjoy what God has created. A dance in the rain is definitely worth a small cold later. Be careless in that way. That's what God showed me through that little child.
Ok. What's next? The restaurant. I would have to say that it was one of the most entertaining places that I have ever been. It's called the Magic Time Machine and it's in Richardson, just north of Dallas. Recommend it to everyone. All the employees are dressed up as different characters from cartoons or movies or something like that. Our waiter was Groucho Marx. It was a lot of fun, if you can imagine about 30 LU students all piled into a restaurant where the signature dish is called a Roman Orgy. But yeah. That was an interesting dinner. God revelation #4 for the weekend. We are definitely meant to have fun. We are not beings SOLELY meant for pleasure. But it was definitely put on this earth for us. I haven't had that much fun in a long time.
Praise be to God! Who was, and is, and is to come!! Though I'm not normally the hymn type, this is a hymn that God revealed to me last Wednesday. It is just so powerful to me. It's called "Hark! A Thrilling Voice is Sounding".
Hark! A thrilling voice is sounding!
"Christ is near," we hear it say.
"Cast away the works of darkness,
All you children of the day!"
Startled at the solemn warning,
Let the earthbound soul arise;
Christ its sun, all sloth dispelling,
Shines upon the morning skies.
See, the Lamb, so long expected,
Comes with pardon down from heav'n.
Let us haste, with tears of sorrow,
One and all, to be forgiv'n.
So, when next he comes in glory
And the world is wrapped in fear,
He will sheild us with His mercy
And with words of love draw near.
Honor, glory, might, dominion
To the Father and the Son
With the everliving Spirit
While eternal ages run!!
The more I look at it, the more Lutheran it seems. But it does come from a Lutheran hymnal. The part that really sticks out to me is the "thrilling voice" from the first verse. It blows me away. God is thrilling. He's taking worlds apart left and right. Another good song. That one's a life changer....
Adios to all. Once I talk to Sam again I'll try to get the comment thing working. Until then, hold in all your comments. Thanks! Bye bye.
Sunday, July 06, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment