Wow. I'm pretty bad about keeping up with this Blog stuff. Well, I guess I have been crazily busy. Been home for over a month. Been working for several weeks now. I had two jobs for a while. I only had them on the same day once, so I know it's not the same. My real job started full time last Monday. That's one reason I have been out of commission for a while. I work for Kidventure Camps, and you play with kids in the morning and are too exhausted to do anything at night. I don't really mind all that much. The counselors this year are absolutely incredible. I really love working with them. The kids are wonderful too. There are one or two that don't listen well, but one or two isn't bad at all. Plus, I'm tackling defensive driving right now. And Jeremy, you were right...online wasn't that good of an idea. I have to finish it this month and I'm barely along through it. So that's what's been up...
One thing that I wanna say is that GOD IS INCREDIBLE. I don't know how much I can stretch that. Through days of work and nights of exhaustion, He has revealed Himself to me in ways that I can't even imagine. One of the counselors at camp has been an incredibly close friend of mine for several years. One day, one of the kids heard me call him brother, which I do pretty often. Then she asked me why I called him brother, and I told her we are related. It progressed, and it still is. Every day she asks me about it. And everyday I tell her more and more. Kevin and I are able to share with these children the joy that God has brought into our lives. God is awesome. He blows me away.
We have to read this book for IMPACT, called Life Together: The Classic Exploration of Faith in Community by Dietrich Bonhoeffer. It's not at all what I would expect to read at LU. It's a great book. Not that LU doesn't pick great books, but this one is different from all the others in the past. It's not so fluffy; it's has much more truthful statements in it. The other books don't lie...I'm trying to think of how to describe this. It looks at life realistically. It says, hey...this is the way it is...don't deny it. Here's a little bit of it...
Christianity means community through Jesus Christ and in Jesus Christ. No Christian community is more or less than this. Whether it be a brief, single encounter or the daily fellowship of years, Christian community is only this. We belong to one another only through and in Jesus Christ.
Though that's common knowledge to a lot of Christians, I would have to say that the majority of us would forget that most of the time. Time to work on other stuff. God bless.
Saturday, June 07, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment