Thursday, August 21, 2003

Don't you know that those who work in the Temple get their meals from the food brought to the Temple as offerings? And those who serve at the altar get a share of the sacrificial offerings. In the same way, the Lord gave orders that those who preach the Good News should be supported by those who benefit from it. Yet I have never used any of these rights. And I am not writing this to suggest that I would like to start now. In fact, I would rather die than lose my distinction of preaching without charge. For preaching the Good News is not something I can boast about. I am compelled by God to do it. How terrible for me if I didn't do it! If I were doing this of my own free will, then I would deserve payment. But God has chosen me and given me this sacred trust, and I have NO choice. What then is my pay? IT IS THE SATISFACTION I GET FROM PREACHING THE GOOD NEWS WITHOUT EXPENSE TO ANYONE, NEVER DEMANDING MY RIGHTS AS A PREACHER. --1 Corinthians 9:13-18

I think this is pretty self-explanatory, don't you? It means that life is a lot about humility, and not so much about pride or recognition. I realize that it says preacher. BUT what is our purpose in life? To go into all the earth and make disciples of all nations, proclaiming the name of God! (Matthew 28:19-20) We are all disciples of Christ and we are to fervently seek after Him!! We SHOULD NOT be seeking after recognition!! Believe me guys, I lead worship...I know this is hard. But we should be more than satisfied with the fact that we are preaching the incredible news of Christ. Everyone of us will experience the desire for praise and maybe even become prideful. But let me tell you something, that recognition amounts to NOTHING. I want no reward for preaching the Gospel. It is my calling. If you are a Christian, it is your calling as well. Nothing else will suffice.

I wish that I could get my comment thing working. But seeing that I only have a basic knowledge of computers, I have been unsuccessful in getting that to work so far. If you're on the Yellow Project and you know how to do that, please lemmie know. I'd appreciate it.

Adios to all. God bless your day!!

No comments: