Here is rest of Sara's email from the last blog that I have. Don't forget to check out
I don’t know what you are doing right now, but before you read any further, I ask you to stop and whisper to God, “please speak to me!” I PRAY that in this moment, TRUTH will shine into the darkest corners of your heart and even if you can’t remember the last time you have heard His voice, you will somehow sense His presence.
I have NO idea where you may find yourself in this mystery we call LIFE. I don’t know if you have wandered down a twisted path and feel lost, unable to find out. I don’t know if you have taken a blow so hard you’re unable to gain consciousness or feel. Maybe you are hurting so bad that reality has become distorted and you are even questioning God? Maybe the haze has never lifted and you have REMAINED devastated as a result of hidden sin, guilt, unbearable depression, or a lack of PURE devotion! You may have lost yourself in a moment, only to be left sifting through the ashes of your once peaceful life. I don’t know what you may be facing today! I may not know your face. We may have never even met, but I know this-God has burned these words indelibly on my heart. That is why I am even sitting here at Starbux on Labor Day weekend, unable to do anything else but type this e-mail. Trust me, I have a million other things I could be doing, but I feel an URGENCY to get this out NOW!
Sometimes, I wonder, “why do I spend so much time typing e-mails? No one is going to read them anyway”, yet something drives me, and compels me to continue. So, I trust I AM WRITING THIS FOR SOMEONE, maybe you! Hang on! Bear with me, and please set the distractions aside! If you have to print this out and get out of the house to really soak it up! GO FOR IT!
I pray this familiar Bible story will breathe life into you and restore HOPE in the midst of any doubt you may be experiencing. There was a woman so desperate for change that she was determined to overcome any obstacle that stood in her way. For TWELVE YEARS she was plagued with a debilitating sickness and “SUFFERED” at the hands of MANY physicians. She heard about the healing power of Jesus, and wouldn’t allow even her weakness to push her beneath the shadows.
What a day it must have been, as she opened her eyes and pulled back the covers, knowing “today” she would look into the eyes of the “Great Physician”. The sun must have seemed brighter, the grass greener, the air lighter. Who knows, but we can speculate she must have made her way to Jesus as quickly as her frail body would carry her. By the time she arrived, the masses had long been there, completely encompassing Jesus. Standing on the outskirts would not suffice! She used every bit of strength left to press through this zealous crowd. She said, “If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.” Luke 8:43 There was NOTHING that could stand in her way, not even the myriads of people creating unfathomable distance!
I don’t know if you have ever been to a BIG rock show, but everyone wants to be up front. They will pay more than anyone else to get as close as possible-they don’t want to miss a thing! If you have ever tried to push your way through a crowd to get closer, you know it’s very difficult and sometimes impossible! I am sure she faced some of the same obstacles.
She was probably exhausted, but there was an expectation burning inside of her that moved her far beyond the realm of emotions! I wonder if at some point the voice of the crowd became a distant rumble while everything else faded into a blur? Her heart must have raced with excitement, knowing she would soon be made COMPLETE!!! SHE WAITED TWELVE YEARS FOR the day HOPE would wipe away her tears, and wasn’t about to let this moment pass her by! If her strength failed, she would collapse reaching out her trembling hand!
The Bible doesn’t specify all the details, but I wonder since she was grabbing the hem of Jesus’ garment if maybe she crawled on hands and knees? Imagine that moment!!! REACHING!!! If she could just reach a bit further…her heart pounded against her chest, she held her breath, and her fingers closed, grabbing the hem of Jesus’ garment! The Bible says that VERY INSTANT, she was MADE WHOLE!!!!
What did she feel? Can you imagine the intensity of that moment? SUFFERING FOR TWELVE YEARS, and in an instant, healing surging from the top of your head to the sole of your feet?? I don’t know how long you may have suffered underneath the weight of sin or some other burden-maybe weeks, months, or even years, but I pray that story planted a seed of hope into your soul! “Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.” Psalms 31:24 (KJV)
Check out this verse!!! “And whithersoever he entered, into villages, or cities, or country, they laid the sick in the streets, and besought him that they might touch if it were but the border of his garment: and as many as touched him were made whole.” Mark 6:56 Notice those who received healing got CLOSE enough to touch Him. Many times we have a tendency to run from God when we feel the distance created by sin! I encourage you to RUN HOME and pursue Him. “The LORD is nigh unto all those that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.” Psalms 145:18-19 (KJV) You will stumble at times, but the more you seek (through prayer/communication with God, reading the word, etc), the stronger you will become. CAST YOUR CARES UPON HIM! He is NEAR, NO MATTER HOW FAR YOU MAY FEEL!
“My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defense; I shall not be moved.” Psalms 62:5-6
HE will be your defense when you feel weakened beneath temptation’s stare! Like the woman in the story, PUT YOUR EXPECTATIONS IN HIM, not in your own strength and ability! WE ALL NEED SPIRITUAL HEALING FROM GOD, and if we are ever going to really EXPERIENCE that SUPERNATURAL restoration, we MUST PRESS THROUGH THE CROWD (any obstacles) with an EXPECTANT HEART! We MUST SEEK Him with that same passion and reckless abandonment, then we will KNOW what it means to be MADE WHOLE.
You may have read all that and thought, well that is a cute little story, sara, it’d be nice if it really worked like that. Maybe your faith is weak, and you have so much locked away inside that being complete seems like a distant dream! WE have all been at that place where we avoid colliding with our fear that maybe God doesn’t know what is best- wondering if He really has the key to unlock the prison cell we have created for ourselves. IT TAKES FAITH to get FREE, literally JUMPING OVERBOARD into the unknown at time. But REMEMBER, “HE IS ABLE to do “exceeding ABUNDANTLY ABOVE AND BEYOND ANYTHING YOU COULD THINK OR ASK!!!” (Ephesians 3:20) I pray God rains down revival upon your hearts and restores the joy of your salvation! I love you all! REACH OUT, TOUCH HIM, HE IS NEAR!
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” Isaiah 41:10
Thanks to all who read these. I'll be getting my comment link up soon. At least that's the plan. God bless to all. I'm going to leave you with this one last thought....
May all your expectations be frustrated. May all your plans be thwarted. May all your desires be withered into nothingness. So may you experience the powerlessness and poverty of a child and sing and dance in the mystery of God. --Unknown
Saturday, September 20, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment