Saturday, September 20, 2003

Recently one incredible young woman has been on my heart. I barely know her, but I have a growing love for her. The poor thing is a magnet for trouble. She is gorgeous, but attracts the wrong kind of guy. She has recently been in several fights, which caused her to have to move to Austin. When she came back here to visit, things happened again that made her hit rock bottom. Last night she was arrested for something that wasn't her fault. This gives her a court hearing here, and last night I found out that she had one in Austin as well. That will most likely give her probation in two different cities in Texas.

I don't know how to react to this. I may have an increasing love for her, but someone very close to me is even closer to her. He deals with this stuff first hand. Not to mention God. This girl has recently abandoned God. She doesn't want to deal with Him because of circumstances from her past. Apparently last night she got a new, sober look on the world, and is ready to return to her Heavenly Father who is waiting with open arms. However, whenever her times get hard, this happens. Pray that this time would be different.

I was reading this morning, and came across this verse. If there is a problem between us, is it not because of a lack of love on our part, but because you have withheld your love from us. I am talking now as I would to my own children. Open your hearts to us! (2 Cor. 6:11-13)

This is obviously a plea from Paul to the Corinthians. When I read it, I couldn't help but think of my friend. God is calling out to her with that. He is begging her to open her heart to Him. Then I realized my hypocrisy. Man, He is begging for ALL of us to open our hearts to Him.

I have to leave now, but I will finish this at a later time. Please keep my friend in your prayers. I guess if you would like to email me, my address is beasheep@hotmail.com. Ok. Adios!

No comments: