God works in the most mysterious ways. Through intense doubt and fear, I was brought back to Him tonight. I had been walking away for reasons I don't even know. But one thing is incredibly true...He has changed me deeply. For the first time in my life I feel like I am doing something dangerous. I know that seems silly, but it's very true. I'm doing something really, truly dangerous. Not like bungee jumping or sky diving. I would say nothing physically dangerous, but I don't know that that's true. I don't know where the danger lies. I am fighting against enemies that are not of flesh and blood; they are MUCH worse than that. I am fighting an incredibly spiritual battle.
I realize that so far, I have said a lot of the word "I". It is not about me. God is doing something on this campus. He is wanting it back. He has been fighting for it for a long time, and He desires for us to answer the battle call of the King and fight along. How? That's a good question.
I've never been good at praying. But tonight, God laid on my heart the importance of intercession. I have not been given the same gift Amanda has. I do not know necessarily who needs the prayer. But I know that this campus is aching. We have the power to heal it within our reach. We are unable to do it without God. We are called to intercede for the campus on behalf of Jesus Christ. Don't miss the calling.
It's 2:34 in the morning. Good night.
Wednesday, February 25, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment