So this morning I wrote, but did not post, a very frustrated blog about people trying to control my life. Man, am I glad I didn't post it. God really gave me discernment in that. It turns out that all the things people were saying to me were Godly and wise. My pride was keeping me from listening.
I found out how much pride I have when it comes to music. I didn't want to sing this morning at Crazy-Go-Nuts because I had just had coffee and was afraid of milky voice. I got slapped down pretty quickly for that arrogance. It was brought to my attention that very few people, if any, would be listening to the quality of my voice. I, of course, had other objections. The bassist plays more than the basic progression, which means that my harmonies are off sometimes. I am going through allergy problems right now. Anything and everything to back out of something I was supposed to do. Well, after I ran out of excuses, I was convinced that I needed to do what I was being called to do and sing at Crazy-Go-Nuts. God really blessed me through it. While we were singing, God kept showing me the thousands of ways that He blesses me throughout the day.
For example, most of you, or at least some of you, know that I have this little obsession with sprinkles. Well, this morning I went by Common Grounds and they had sprinkles for coffee. So I put some sprinkles on my Sweet Cup of Sumpn Sumpn (fancy name for a raspberry mocha thing) and it is still blessing me.
I know that's weird. I know it's childish. But what can I say? God has given me a child-like spirit, and if I deny that and grow up, then I'm being someone other than who God wants me to be.
I gotta go. Have devos for Doctrines class.
Thursday, March 04, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment