So it has finally happened. I have felt the loss that others have felt. Yesterday afternoon, Arthur Aubert was killed in a car accident. To make the situation even more difficult, yesterday was also his brother Hector's wedding. He married Grace Manns. Now the wedding is a beautiful event. But Arthur's death seems to suck all the joy from that event. I heard that the accident happened after the wedding, which is better than before the wedding.
I now know the pain of losing a friend. I wasn't terribly close with Arthur, but Jonathan loved the guy like a brother. As a result, I've grown closer to him in the last year and a half. I feel like I've lost a brother.
One joyful thing about this event is that we know where Arthur stood in relationship to God. Not even a month ago, he led worship at AcoustiCafe. It really was wonderful watching him do so. It was such a glimpse into his heart.
There are still parts of me not wanting to believe it. I think I accused Kayce of being a liar when she told me, because I didn't want to believe it. (Sorry Kayce!) But life is short, which God is showing us, but if we live it for Him, we are able to live forever.
I find joy in the fact that I will see Arthur again soon. It may not be "soon" in human terms, but it definitely sooner than I think.
We will miss you Arthur. You impacted our lives greatly. And I don't worry, for we will be united again in heaven.
Tuesday, December 21, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Dear Kelly,
it was good to see you again and hang out with you, even for a short while. I might be in town Wednesday for Authur's memorial chapel. It's so strange, such intense pain and joy at the same time. I wonder when the tears will stop, it's so very hard.
I love you my friend!
I am Christine, Arthur's sister, who are you? Were you at the memorial service for him, at LU?
Christine, I was there. My husband and I led worship. I wasn't as close to him as some, but Arthur is someone who has significantly impacted my life. How blessed you are to have known him as a brother. I am praying for you. If you need prayer for anything specific, please let me know.
Thank You for leading the worship. It was wonderful. Could I just ask you to pray for my Dad, he isn't taking it very easy, it is very hard for him. Also, I was wondering if you could give me the names of the songs you sang at the memorial, if you could. If not, its ok. Thanks. God Bless you. ~~Christine
Thank Your for leading the worship. It was wonderful. Could I just ask you to pray for my Dad, he isn't taking it very easy, it is very hard for him. Also, I was wondering if you could give me the names of the songs you sang at the memorial, if you could. If not, its ok. Thanks. God Bless you. ~~Christine
Hi again, this is Christine. I just wanted to say thank you for leading worship at Arthur's Memorial. We had another memorial here in MEXICO (a third one) its been quite hard, but we know it was necessary. A lot of people are starting to recognize God through this sad situation. And thats what makes us happy. Arthur's life did impact many, not just friends there in Longview, but also in New Mexico and Mexico. May God Bless you. And please continue to pray for us, in specific, my parents. Also - I don't know if you could remember the names of the songs you played at the memorial, if you can - I would like to know. bluechick_187@hotmail.com Bye!
Im John, Arthurs old roomate, i just need to know more if you can help me, anyone, no one told me till like an hour ago and im lost
HandKUSP@Comcast.net
(708) 372-8555
Hes the only friend I've been able to tell how much i appreciated and loved!
Post a Comment