Wednesday, April 19, 2006


Oh, how long it's been since I posted on this blog. I doubt anyone even checks it anymore, since I post so rarely. I figured that since I'm going to have a baby...

I should probably do my best to start keeping people informed and updated and junk. I've always been really bad at that...

Kate, you need to come down here before you're next little one is born, so we can officially say that we're "pregnant together." Even though we are a few months apart.

Here are some little things about my pregnancy that are interesting, and probably weird.

Weird fact #1...I realized the other day that my belly button is shrinking. It's never been terribly shallow, and the bottom of it is now clearly visible without a flashlight. I know that sounds weird, but I've never been very normal. I'm the kind of person who would know how deep her belly button is.

Weird fact #2 (kinda)...After my newly discovered love of onions of all varieties, I can't stand them again. I do have to say that this is the saddest side effect of my pregnancy. I was at the point where I was putting onions on and in everything. Now I can't use them anymore.

I guess there aren't any other little weird things I've noticed. I don't really consider sleep deprivation to be abnormal in any way, because that's kinda the way I run already. Of course, it is harder to function now than it was then.

One thing that really keeps me going is the fact that all this yuckiness turns into a beautiful blessing from God. I was watching A Baby Story with Lindsay Metzger the other day, and I started crying. I've NEVER cried at A Baby Story. I always thought it was kinda overly sappy and schmoopy. But now that I am there, I understand a lot more why it's so wonderful. Of course, you'd never catch me televising my pregnancy and birth, but hey, everyone's different.

Okay, I guess that's all for now.

5 comments:

Bethany Bassett said...

I still read your blog, believe it or not... and I'm SO excited for you and Jonathan! Please do keep updating; I, of course, want to hear every detail. :)

sarah said...

no way.

i almost can't believe it.

no way.

Dr. Hellmuth is going to be a grandpa :-)

i love you.

The Peacock Pearl said...

whoa, i totally hadn't thought about the "grandpa" thing... that's just... funny and cute all at the same time :)

Kate said...

=) I check your blog. Sooo fun! We might be there for graduation, but I don't know if Harp's made a firm decision. If I ask him again it will be nagging. =P My belly button pokes all the way out. I used to have an innie. I think it took a couple of months for it to go back in after I had Emily. Someone (I think Tracy Bradshaw?) said she started putting a Band-Aid over her belly button so it wouldn't show through her clothes. lol I would do that but I like how my belly button pokes out and I play with it... Anyway... I want to hear all the details too so keep updating! =)

sarah said...

it was great to see you this weekend, love {british accent} I'm only sorry it was for such a short time. I miss you already!