Wow. It's been almost three months since I posted last. Most of you already know by now that my little boy has been born. Yup. He's beautiful, and he's a month old tomorrow. I couldn't be happier.
I do wonder, however, why all you young moms out there didn't warn me about the surprises that little boys can bring. Dana did warn me about the projectile pee, but the explosive poo was never mentioned by anyone. Well, if you are a mom to be, beware!! Diapers do NOT hold everything in. It doesn't phase me anymore, but the first time it happened, I almost got sick. It was EVERYWHERE. Anyway, just a little side note.
I just have so many little stories. Once last week, I actually got Conlan to sleep later than 7:00. We took a nap on the couch from about 8:00 AM until noon. Well, when I woke up, he was sweating all over the couch. His little onesie was all wet. It didn't make any sense though, because his little feet were cold. Well about 4:00 PM, I figured out that he was not sweating; his diaper was full and he had been peeing all over himself all day. You would think that with my diaper experience above, I would have realized that diapers don't hold everything in. I felt pretty stupid, but I had been really worried about him, so it made me feel better to know he wasn't sick or anything. Needless to say, he got a bath after that.
It's crazy being a mom. Life changes SO drastically so fast, but then again, it also feels so natural. *sigh* Such a strange little paradox. Life is full of them, isn't it?
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
Oh the joys of early motherhood, but then again I've only been doing for three and half months. I sort of knew about the explosive poo, so I think you can blame me for that. I remember the first time that happened to me. I didn't get sick bad it was pretty messy. How's the nursing going for you? Better I hope!
it's been FIVE YEARS, but now i do remember that his diaper would leak ALL the time... especially at night, so many changes of jammies and bassinet sheets. but the poop thing... i think i blocked it out of my memory :) i remember though when i look back at old outfits with yellow poop stains on the back. :/
well sorry about the comments being repeated... the computer forze up and went crazy on me :)
oops. the website froze up and posted my comment way too many times, sorry 'bout that!
No prob Dana. I just deleted them. :)
Haha! Em had explosive poo almost every day between 2 and 6 weeks because I didn't know how to keep her from swallowing air trying not to drown nursing... =)
Post a Comment