Well, the knowledge that I am approaching motherhood is FINALLY starting to hit me. Friday marked the unofficial day that my little boy could hear me when I speak to him. I was driving to work, and I started to cry. He can actually hear me! Last night Jonathan was playing guitar, and I just sat close to him so that Conlan could hear him play. This morning on the way to work, I turned off my music and sang to him in the car. Anyway, I just love the fact that Conlan can hear me.
It's just a neat thing to think about how I love my little guy before he's even born, but God loves me SO much more. I hear that once you experience having children, your perception of God changes significantly. I haven't even had my first child, and I can feel that happening already. This morning I read Matthew 1, and it was so amazing to me. Normally when you think of geneologies and stuff, it's not terribly exciting. But the geneology of Jesus just fascinates me. He has such an illustrious lineage, yet he was born in a manger. He could have come with trumpets and fanfares, but he came in humility through an unmarried woman. Not only was his birth humble, but it was considered disgraceful in the eyes of the world.
All that to say, not only am I getting excited about being a mother, but I am also becoming more aware of the character of God through the event.
Monday, August 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
isn't it neat how God gives us such wonderful gifts so that we can see and know his heart even more!!!
It is so cool. One thing I relized with having Lorna is that it takes more surrender to Him(God) too. I know that only God can protect her but sometimes I don't trust Him enough. I don't know why I think I can hug her and protect her from everything. I DO know that God can! It is still hard sometimes to say, "Dear Lord You can have my children and they are Yours". It's the best and most beautiful thing a mother can do. Lots of surrender and trust! Good for ya...=)
congrats
get some rest, okay?
Congratulations, Kelly & Jonathan! Could I have your e-mail address?
p.s. i love you!
Post a Comment