Saturday, April 12, 2008

Perfectly Said

I was just reading through blogs, and I just found a little poem by Cassie that sums up life perfectly. I know that other moms will read this and just understand. I know Cassie's not a mom, but she has the mentality of a very mature woman. I'm not linking to her blog, because I'm still waiting to get permission from her.

All the Time in the World

I had all the time in the world
A minute ago
And all the time in the world
Was one minute
That sneaked very quickly by
When I wasn't looking.

That's my life in one short little poem. Amen Cas.

Today was a difficult one. I struggle very heavily with loneliness out here. Jonathan wasn't supposed to work, but he did anyway. After being up late last night, I was emotionally in shambles. Not that I don't love being alone with my boy, but some days I just need a break. I haven't had one of those since I quit working. It's a tough transition from working mom to stay at home mom, especially when your support group is an hour away. Add pregnancy to that, and it's a nightmare sometimes. Today was just that.

On another note, my son gets so cute when I'm in tears. He'll crawl up onto the couch or bed or wherever I'm sitting, and just roll over me and giggle. So as I'm crying to my mom on the phone, Conlan is wiggling around with a smile on his face trying to get me to smile. He got his daddy's personality. :)

Jonathan came home for lunch and fed Conlan and me. He had to go back to work, so I put Conlan down for his afternoon nap and laid down on the couch. I slept until 5:30 or 5:45-after Jonathan got home from work. Conlan remarkably slept that long as well. (Getting rid of his morning nap has been wonderful; he'll sleep all afternoon...I just have to make it to lunchtime.)

This evening we watched a Harry Potter movie on tv. It was the second one, which both of us has only seen once. Tomorrow we have to get up really early to drive into Longview for church, so we're going to bed early. See you all tomorrow!!! I have to say, I'm really missing everyone right now. Leigh, I hope you guys make it. If not, we'll have to give you a call and stop by on the way home. I hope John's feeling better! See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Nadine said...

It's tough to be alone from your support. I pray that you will discover a new network of support that is near by so you can lean on them when you need to.

Conlan is a smart to know when his mom needs a special smile.

Stephanie said...

I sent you an email but it was your work one. Can you get it? I need your new email address.