I feel like I need a special kind of therapy right now. I've been thinking about Jenna's 1000 things that she's thankful for, and God has been really impressing on my heart that this is a good thing for me to do as well. I can't promise that it will be continuous, since we're moving in a few weeks, but I'll keep going. If I don't, please hold me accountable to it!!
So, here we go..
1) Rainy days that force relaxation
2) Silly 18 month old boys who run and squeal for no particular reason
3) Understanding, loving husbands who sacrifice their day to provide for their family
4) Cuddly, funny dogs who curl up at your feet just so they can touch you
5) Indistinguishable baby languages that show intelligence and determination
6) Caring mothers that drive late into the night just to be with you for a day
7) God's timing
Love you all.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Thankful
Labels:
1000 reasons to be thankful
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I really like this idea. 1,000 sounds like a huge number, but it probably only scratches the surface of things we have to be grateful for.
Sending hugs your way...
I am astounded by your ability (surely God-given) to be thankful in this moment. Often I have to have a mental breakdown before I reach the point of thankfulness - just know that you have permission not to be strong and not to be perfect and not to be sane. But praise God for His grace to be so even when it seems unbearable.
Hehe. Jo, I've already had my breakdown. It was before I lost the baby though. (Go back to my post last Saturday.)
Post a Comment