Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Tired of Crying

Not in the bad way. I've been so emotionally sensitive lately. (I realize it's something that happens during pregnancy.) I'm also incredibly sleep-deprived, suffering from mild insomnia pretty much every night. But there have been so many things that have been tugging at my heart strings, and sometimes, it can be embarrassing. Like the other night, Jonathan and I were on our way to dinner. Now, I'm not normally a sappy movie person, or sappy song person. "Butterfly Kisses" has never struck me in that "special way". Well, "Cinderella" by Stephen Curtis Chapman came on. Jonathan and I have been joking that the record company challenged him to write a new daddy's-dance-with-daughter-at-her-wedding song. And he rose to the challenge. Trust me, this will be replacing "Butterfly Kisses" at weddings for years to come. (I even recommended it to my sister who's getting married in July.) Anyway, as we pulled into the parking lot, this song just hit the right strings in my heart. I just burst into tears. It really is a good song. But I don't tend to react like that. Yesterday I found myself bawling at a video about the military posted on Nadine's blog. (The military is different. It holds such a special place in my heart.) Brenda posted a video about Team Hoyt. There's a billboard about them when you drive into Texas from Shreveport, but I never knew what it was all about. Anyway, I cried. I don't want to be less sensitive, but it's just so foreign. We just bought Enchanted, and I am drawn into that movie so much. The ballroom scene almost makes me cry everytime. (Great movie if you haven't seen it. A little corny, but I'm pretty sure that's on purpose.)

Anyway, just a little rambling today. I'm tired. Conlan won't let me sleep this afternoon.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

At least you're happy/sentimental crying. I'm freaking-out-over-everything-breaking-down-into-uncontrollable-tears crying.

It's ridiculous!

Hormones are they craziest things, aren't they?

Nadine said...

I hope you get some rest. That video moved me also - no words were needed with the post. Images are so powerful sometimes aren't they.

Bethany Bassett said...

Oh, the emotional fun of pregnancy... :) I hear that crying jags near the beginning of pregnancy are typical when the baby is female (excess amounts of estrogen or something). I've only had girls, so I have nothing to compare my experience to, but I remember crying at the end of every single movie during my first trimesters. So maybe a little Jelly is on her way! hehe

sarah said...

I cry all the time, and I don't even have preganancy to blame ;-)
I loved enchanted - even how its a little corny - I went and saw it in the theatre with my sister and afterwards I was leaping and singing in the parking lot and my sister was like "oh brother!" hehe.
I just saw it again with Jason Martin and he even like it :-)

love you.
sj

Vashey Fam said...

I'm about to subject my husband to Enchanted this weekend and he doesn't even know it! :o) Cry away Kelly! At least when your pregnant you have an excuse. I cried yesterday b/c I didn't want to clean! I ended up ordering Robeez monkey shoes for Wyatt...so cute. When will you be back from house hunting?...this is a long post. I need your new email. All I have is the old work one!

Jenna said...

cry cry away- when I was pregnant with Josh I cried because the Cardinals won the world series (and i hate baseball). And when I was pregnant with Ivy I cried during the movie Elf- come on now- that's just ridiculous!
You're in good company, dear!

Stephanie said...

It's a good thing were all in the same boat about being embarrassed because our emotions take over. Best wishes in finding a home.