I can see! After two years in just glasses, four years since an eye appointment, and five years since a contact fitting, I FINALLY got my eyes checked yesterday. Yey!! I realized at the checkout why I don't do it more often. Glasses are expensive!! My insurance covers $115 for contacts and $100 for frames and I only pay $60 for the basic lenses, so it's nice I can get both. However, they were having a BIG sale on any pair of red glasses...you got the frames and the top lenses for only $99. That was a better deal than filing it on my insurance, because it would be the same price for the cheapo lenses and the frames I was looking at. There were definitely some frames I liked better, but I plan on wearing contacts again, so I'm fine with what I got.
Today we head up to Oklahoma City for the weekend to look at houses. We hope to make an offer on one by the end of the weekend!! It's so refreshing to think about living in a HOUSE again. I was reminded of one reason why I hate apartments the other day. I walked into Conlan's bathroom, and it reeked of cigarette smoke. The people underneath us rarely smoke in their apartment, but when they do, I can smell it. And it's so stale by the time it gets up to us that it makes me want to throw up!! Ick!! I don't need any help being nauseous right now. The other thing is our obsessive compulsive neighbors above us. They clean ALL THE TIME! I know it's good to vacuum, but they vacuum about 3 times a day. One of their favorite times for that is 11 at night. I don't know about you, but I'm normally asleep at 11. In a home, I'd vacuum at 11 too, but it just doesn't seem right in an apartment.
Sorry about my complaining. I'm just REALLY excited to be moving again. Shreveport has kind of been like a vast, desolate landscape for me. I've been standing with Conlan all alone, looking out for some companionship, but there's no one around. He's content to just play in the dirt, but I am aching for some friendship. At the same time, I'm content with my loneliness, because I know it's only temporary. It's difficult to forge new friendships when everyone you know is only an hour away. That's why this move is needed. To start anew. Shreveport isn't that new. It's still right there. Oklahoma is a big move. I have some high school friends near there who have already said they're in town a lot and we need to get together. I feel like God is giving me a little comfort in a place that's strange and new.
Anyway, we need to get going. We picked a great day to travel. We woke up to hail this morning; we're right in the middle of the severe weather that's sweeping across the US. Anyway, I wanted to leave you with something I read today on Ashley's Journal. Dave (the dad) wrote last night and he shared a quote that's been a theme for their daughter's life recently.
Friday, April 04, 2008
I Can See...OKC!
"If you're going to be alive, you might as well live."
--Dave Adams
Amen Dave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Hey! We're not TOO far from OKC, either! Like 2 and a half hours. Maybe Anna and I can come down every once in a while. =)
Post a Comment