Yesterday was day one of our house hunt. It went okay. First I'm going to start with our drive.
We left at about 10:00 and drove into lots of rain. We hadn't really expected this; when we left Shreveport, it was sunny and incredibly muggy. However, by the time we got to Dallas, it was sunny again. The trip was pretty uneventful. Conlan is a GREAT traveler and did very well. He fussed a little, but never broke out into screams. We really think that God gave us this really easy child so that we'd have more...it worked.
We got to our hotel in OKC about 4:30. When we walked in the door, it was incredibly crowded. Apparently this hotel always has a convention or something going on, and it's always packed. It's an older hotel and doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside it's cozy and nice. Free wireless internet too :).
Our realtor Karen met us at the hotel as we were checking in. We drove around two different neighborhoods. They were both new neighborhoods, and they both kinda gave off this Stepford Wives vibe. Every house was the same. It was creepy. After thinking about it a little more, though, I need to remember that here you get WAY more house for your money. So we can get something really nice for a cheap price. But I still want people to be able to find my house.
Today we're going to look at some houses that are a little more "spread out" as Karen puts it. She said it's a little more rural, which is what I think we're wanting. Anyway, I'll update later on. Sorry there are no pictures...I forgot the camera at home.
Saturday, April 05, 2008
House Hunt - Day 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I hope that the house hunting goes well and you find the perfect home for your family.
Post a Comment