Monday, April 07, 2008

OKC House Hunt - Day 2

Well, Saturday was a BUSY day!

We started looking at houses at 9 in the morning. We had both had a really hard time sleeping the night before. Jonathan was not feeling well, and he coughed and blew his nose all night. I think I finally fell asleep around 1, but he didn't fall asleep until 3. Conlan was sleeing fine, praise God! So needless to say, 7:30 came REALLY early.

We drove all around OKC looking at houses Saturday. We looked at more in Moore and went out to Midwest City. There were a few we really liked, and some we might have decided to buy right then and there if we didn't want to be in this house for 5-10 years. We plan on having a big family, so we need space to grow. :) The house we decided on is a four bedroom home with a Florida room (a little sunroom tacked on to the back of the house) that would be PERFECT for a schoolroom. Anyway, we don't have a contract on it yet, so I'm not going to post pictures yet. It was in one of those neighborhoods that gave off the Stepford Wives vibe. I found that pretty ironic. Don't you love God's sense of humor?

Today Conlan and I are feeling under the weather. I don't know if it's a sinus infection or just allergies. Conlan's acting fine, but his little nose is a faucet right now. I can barely breathe. I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to take anything. Oh well. I've gotten through allergies before without medicine. :) Our main plan for the day is to clean up the apartment. It's amazing how you "clean up" before you leave, only to come home to a messy house. That's my fault. I need to be more disciplined. I figure I'll work really hard today, and tomorrow I'll rest. That's always the way it works out.

I'll post pictures if/as soon as our offer is accepted and we have a contract on the house.

1 comment:

Adriana said...

Glad you're back! I can't wait to visit you in Ok. It's my old stompin' grounds, you know!