SO sorry Dana!! Hopefully no one else will read this first...
For all you American Idol fans, WOOOOOOO!!!!!!! GO DAVID COOK!!!!!!!! I'm excited. In case you couldn't tell.
Today was very pleasant. This morning, I had visitors. Some friends from Austin, Sheridan and Chris, were up in Oklahoma and stopped by on their way back home. I haven't seen them since their wedding about two years ago. Sheridan was a good friend of mine back in high school, and I've known Chris' family for a while. I'm friends with his older brother and have been since middle school. The summer after my freshman year of college, I went on a cruise with my parents. Interestingly enough, Andrew and Chris' family was on the same cruise. That was a lot of fun. Anyway, it was a good time seeing Chris and Sheridan. We talked about old friends and ministry.
After that, Conlan was ready for a nap. We had a Netflix movie that Jonathan wasn't interested in, so I watched it alone. It was The Gold Rush, a Charlie Chaplin movie. It was a silent film changed into a "talkie." He narrated the whole thing. It was SO funny. I love the little roll dance. :) Anyway, it's DEFINITELY worth watching. I wouldn't mind buying it sometime, and I probably will. Conlan and I went to the library and got a library card. I learned that there are LOTS of opportunities for us to go to the library for baby days. :) We can't make the Wednesday morning times, because that's Jonathan's Saturday. But there's a "Movers and Shakers" thing on Mondays that's basically a little workout. And Tuesdays are for over 2, but she said younger kids are there all the time. Anyway, I'm excited about that too.
In the afternoon, we worked on cleaning up the garage again. We're trying to get ready for a garage sale (as soon as I can get everything together), and I was sorting through things. By the way, if anyone has tips for garage sales, I could definitely use some. This is my first one, and it feels like an impossible task. There are many readers out there that I know are experienced garage-salers. (Connie, Adriana, I'm thinking of you...)
This evening, we just watched American Idol. We recorded it so we could fast forward through the commericals. Halfway through the recording, we saw the new Guitar Hero commerical as we were fast-forwarding. We both thought it looked funny, so we rewound and watched it. It was David Cook doing a Risky Business thing. I would post it, but I don't want everyone to see his underwear. It was a shock, but it was funny. Jonathan and I laughed and laughed.
Now, we're getting ready for visitors. :) His family is coming to visit us Friday night. They'll be here for the weekend. Yey!! On top of that, Sarah Jo is going to spend the night Friday. She's going to visit Nate and Anna in Wichita for the weekend. I'm excited, because I've always wanted to live somewhere were people stop as they're traveling through. I think that's what we're becoming, and I'm excited.
There's a lot of excitement inside my heart lately. God is good. He has been great and making me feel at home. Good night. :)
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Excitement (DON'T READ IF YOU RECORDED AMERICAN IDOL AND HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
rats!!!!!! I should have known better than to read blogs before watching our tivoed american idol!!!! oh well... YAY DC!!!!!!!
:-) sounds like the house is going to be full and fun! I can't wait! :-)
btw - I have some signs that say "garage sale" on stakes that I can bring for you - they were left randomly in my garage by the previous tenants.
Go Waterdeep! Go David Cook! Kelly your so fun! Don't ever let the hippy inside you die. As long as you go barefoot once in a while, recycle and wear a bit of tie die, you'll always be a mature hippy at heart!
Post a Comment