Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Behind...Again

Well, here I am, behind again. I have been so busy working on our trip to CA. I can't remember the last time I blogged, so I'll just start with Saturday. Sorry if there's repeats.


Conlan is feeling much better. He's a cute, giggly boy all over again. However, because of him being sick and prolonged exposure to Grandma (love you Mom!), we're having to re-introduce discipline. All of a sudden, I have "No!"s flying at me from every direction. Also, he was allowed to watch more TV than usual while sick. He'll run around the house yelling, "Tu du! Tu du!" which means TV. I try to leave it off most of the time and make him play, but he knows how to turn it on. So, when I do have it on (mostly in the morning), he watches Sesame Street and Playhouse Disney (no commercials). I don't like most of the Nickelodeon ones, except Wonder Pets. I can't get over the little duck who can't say her r's. (She always says, "This is sewious.")


Sunday morning we went to a different church again. This is a small Assemblies of God church that had a really neat website. There wasn't a lot on the website, but the pastor's blog was really interesting. We're not sure if we want to go there or Bridgeway still. Bridgeway had a lot of ministry opportunities and young families our age, but Covenant Life is closer and allows us to get involved with our community. We still need to weigh the pros and cons, and pray about it. Sunday afternoon I finished the royal icing daisies for Kerri's cupcakes. I didn't take any pictures (I forgot), but I'll take pictures when we're making the cupcakes.


Yesterday, I spent time grocery shopping and tried to take Conlan to the library again. He doesn't really like the Monday class; it's an aerobics class and gets kids moving. We didn't stay for the whole thing, because he just whined and pulled his legs up, falling to the floor. We are going to keep trying though. I'm determined. :) We then started packing for LA after shipping the flowers via UPS. UPS is SO much more expensive than FedEx (because they fly packages instead of driving them), but there wasn't a FedEx close by. So, I had to pay through the nose to get those flowers there. No biggie. Anyway, back to packing. Conlan thought it would be a great idea to grab things out of the suitcase after I put them in and bring them back to me in the living room. It isn't too bad, because I'm taking a clue from Adriana, who for a recent trip packed outfits for each kid in plastic bags and labeled them by day. I'm doing it mainly for Jonathan, though, because he'll have Conlan Thursday when we work on the cupcakes, and I don't want him to dress Conlan in rehearsal dinner or wedding outfits. So, we're really organized and everything. The plastic bags also make a lot more room in the suitcase, because everything is compressed.


Today we clean. And pack. And get a few more things for the trip, like a wedding gift and the stamp needed for the cupcakes. I'm just going to buy a stamp, because we are only doing fondant on the bride and groom cupcakes. It's the easiest way to set them apart from the others and make them special. I also need to get the amounts of everything we need together and email that to Kerri. She's going to have everything together before Thursday.


I'll leave you with a picture. I was trying shoes on Conlan that were given to us by Dana a while back. (Thanks, Dana!) Now we don't have to buy dress shoes for the many weddings this summer! He's not wearing pants because he had just gotten up from a nap. I thought he looked funny, so I took a picture!

From June 2008

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I didn't even think of it until you mentioned shoes but I've got a cute little tux I could have sent with Connie. Bummer.

Connie said...

Ah, such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

hiya, kelly. i wanted to follow up with you guys, so i'm glad i found you.

kudos on your blog, and thanx for the gracious comments about me (and the honest comments about our website...we're working on it!).

i will be in prayer with you and your family about choosing a church home. i am aware of what a tedious and traumatic process that can be. obviously, we would love to have you at c.l.a., but we sincerely want you to be at the place where the lord wants you, and that is best for your family.

if my wife, jaycene, or i can serve you somehow, please contact us (and conlan is exceedingly cute!).

shalom,

randy