Oh! I forgot to share about one of my new neighbors.
I've been asking God lately to change my world up a little bit. I love my Christian sisters, but aside from the fact that you all live far away, I also need some friends that maybe don't believe like I do. So, yesterday one of my neighbors came by to talk. Her daughter is going to watch Oscar while we're in CA, so she came to meet Oscar and talk some. We were having a pretty typical small talk conversation, and she mentioned her youngest daughter's mood. "She's a little off lately. I think it has something to do with the full moon." How do you respond to that? I actually chuckled a little bit and had to stop myself. We went on with our conversation, and it came up that I studied Christian Ministry and want to teach church history. Well, we talked a little bit about her beliefs. She talked about how the different translations are different peoples opinions of what happened. She said that the Koran was the same thing. I just kept my mouth shut, not because I didn't want to rock the boat, but because I really felt God telling me it wasn't the right time. She's a really neat woman, and I think that we could be great friends. I'm really trying to look at this relationship not as an opportunity to put another knotch in my spiritual belt, but as an opportunity to love on a woman who is obviously searching for some answers. She was incredibly open to discussion, and I know that God's going to use that. I'm excited. It's been a while since I've been able to reach out like this.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
New Neighbor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Good for you - for wanting to make a friend and not a convert. :) I kind of crave those relationships. I haven't had one in a long time. Hmmm, maybe I should pray.
Post a Comment