I haven't been sleeping well lately. If I can get myself to go to sleep, my dreams have been echoes of my day. Last night I dreamt about making dinner, and I made the same thing. There were minor differences that would help me realize I was dreaming and not awake (like the talking mouse on the counter or the dancing hippo in the background), but who notices those minor details in their dreams while still sleeping? The strange thing is that I can't keep my eyes open past 6:30 or 7:00. By the time we're done with dinner, I am beyond exhausted and end up crashing on the couch for a few hours until Jonathan wakes me up to go to bed. When I get in bed, my mind races and all of a sudden, I'm incredibly sensitive to light. Within the hour, I end up back on the couch, falling asleep to whatever bad movie is on. Monday night, Jonathan just covered me up and decided to leave me on the couch for the night. However, at 5:30 a.m., my computer decided to restart and the light woke me up. I ended up watching What Dreams May Come until 7:00 a.m. (It's a very interesting movie about death and afterlife. It takes a very Buddhist approach to life after death; I wouldn't suggest renting it, but it's worth a watch at sometime...especially if you're into artsy films.) Anyway, enough about my insomnia.
Today is going to be a very busy day. Conlan has a doctor's appointment at 10:45, and I think I'm going to take him out for a cheap lunch afterwards. He's getting to the age where he needs to be rewarded for certain things, and he HATES the doctor. (What kid doesn't?) I then have to come home and clean, clean, clean! My parents and grandparents are going to a wedding in Nebraska this weekend, so they're driving up here Thursday and staying until lunch on Friday. Our house isn't a wreck, but my mom is allergic to our darling Oscar, so I have to get rid of as much dog hair as possible. On top of that, it's supposed to rain (which I PRAY that it does), which means Oscar is inside for the cleaning.
I need to get going now, but I wanted to leave with a little quote. I found it in a book my wonderful mother-in-law gave me, and I believe a lot of you Longview ladies read it as well. It's called Lifegiving by Tammy Maltby. I'm just now getting into it, and this one quote stuck out to me. I'm not quite sure what it means, but it interests me...
Surprise me, Lord, as a seed surprises itself...
--George Herbert
Hmmm....





2 comments:
I love the orange :-)
I'm so sorry to hear that you're not sleeping. That's one of the worst feelings!
That's an interesting quote (and an interesting movie!)I've haven't done/seen/heard anything artsy in awhile - I might be going through withdrawal.
Peace to you.
Hey! That is too cute that Conlan likes Lainey. =) We need to get them together! Harper never went on that trip and we're thinking it's not going to happen after all. I got rescheduled like 3 times and now it's just put off I think.
A week from tomorrow is going to be craft night at my church. It's usually just me and a couple other girls but I'm pretty sure Anna is coming this time. Would you want to come up Fri/Sat? We have an aerobed mattress thing. =P
Post a Comment