Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Grateful

I decided that regardless of the rain, Conlan and I had to get out and go grocery shopping this morning. It's supposed to rain every day for the next week, and we were getting low on food. I generally don't like to take him out when it's raining, because there's a chance of him getting sick if it's raining too hard. Plus, here in Oklahoma, a simple thunderstorm can become dangerous very quickly.

Because of the weather, I opted not to do my usual method of shopping; I go to several different stores in order to minimize the amount spent. I try to avoid Wal-Mart at all costs. (It's a black hole for your bank account!) Well, we just went to Wal-Mart. We didn't have anything for breakfast, and they have a McDonald's inside. Did you know that McDonald's doesn't sell the parfait anymore? It's a fruit and yogurt mix with granola. Not the healthiest thing in the world (lots of sugar in their yogurt,) but better than anything else on their menu. That made me sad. We ended up splitting a chicken biscuit (sub-par to Chick-Fil-A's, by the way.) Then we did our grocery shopping. I wasn't feeling very good after my iced coffee. By the time we hit the cereal aisle, I was really close to losing my breakfast. As it was raining and school started last week, Wal-Mart was pretty empty. I stood there, trying to finish getting what was on my list, and fighting throwing up all over the aisle. Somehow I made it. As I walked out of the cereal aisle towards the yogurt, wonderful thoughts started to fill my head.

Kate, I finally understand your optimistic attitude when you're sick during pregnancy. It always amazes me that you write about throwing up with such enthusiasm. Now, I too am grateful for every nauseous moment and close call in the grocery store. It's a sign that everything is going well. I'm supposed to be sick. I'm supposed to almost throw up in the store. I'm supposed to turn green at the smell of fried chicken. I thank God that this miserable time is a sign that something beautiful and unique is on the way. I can't guarantee that everything will go right all the way through, but at this point, things are going well. Kate, I hope to now share the enthusiasm you get from morning sickness. It may not be fun while it's going on, but it sure is worth it in the end. :)

2 comments:

Kate said...

lol Yeah it's definitely not fun while it's going on, but it is so worth it! =) I am excited for you. Yay for feeling yucky! =P

Connie said...

Yep. That's just how it's supposed to be. Praise God! Wish I could help out. :)