Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tired...and Maybe Complaining...Just a Little Bit

I'm not quite sure why I'm blogging right now. Still sick, and thanks to my infection, I feel like poop. I am on medication for it though, and hopefully it'll get better soon. I'm having trouble recreating my attitude from yesterday that nausea is a good thing; I just want to curl up on the couch and sleep. Conlan is his usual bubbly self--singing, dancing, grabbing all of the noisiest toys to share with me while my head pounds. Because of the wet weather, I can't put the dog outside, which means I spend a lot of time coaxing Conlan to go pull on the fur of his stuffed dog instead, and there's always someone/something under my feet. Yesterday I cleaned a large portion of the house, and I hoped to finish up today. I have vacuuming and carpet shampooing to do (thanks to our precious pup tracking in mud) and a few other little things. But today, I want to lay down, stick in Funny Face, and laugh as 60 year old Fred Astaire manages to woo Audrey Hepburn in her 20s. I guess there's nothing more attractive than a singing, dancing grandpa...

5 comments:

Kate said...

I spent about two weeks in front of the Wii, playing Big Brain Academy. Getting absorbed in something like that was the only thing that made me not feel sick. It wasn't fun at all! But hey now my brain is bigger than the coach's brain, lol. And the kids survived it, too. =P

Vashey Fam said...

Oh, isn't that movie weird!? I like it.....and then Fred just kind of weirds me out in it. Yep, looks like our dates are pretty close. That's nice, except your so far away! Hey, I found Ginger mints here! Did you find them yet?

Kelly said...

Kate, I totally understand. Conlan is doing really well at coping, and thankfully he takes REALLY long afternoon naps. I mean, he's gone from 12:30-4:00 or so. Leigh, the more I watch that movie, the more I like it. It cracks me up that Audrey Hepburn is supposed to be the level-headed intellectual that gets sucked unwillingly and relentlessly into the materialistic fashion world. But I love Fred Astaire. And Hepburn always had such good chemistry with the older guys for some reason. As for the Ginger mints, I still have some left over from before. But where did you find them? Jonathan went looking for them the other day for me and couldn't find them anywhere. (I had lost my other ones.)

Connie said...

Ah, I'm sorry. You could leave Conlan with us for a few days. :) He's so sweet. I know, you would miss him too much. I can't wait until y'all come visit so we can spoil you rotten!

Bethany Bassett said...

It sounds like Conlan's doing pretty well with his comatose mommy! :) We waited until Natalie was 2 to get pregnant again, thinking that if she were a little older, she would be able to entertain herself, use the potty by herself, and cook gourmet meals for us during all the yucky bits of pregnancy.... ha! Conlan's age would have been %1,000,000 easier in retrospect. At least an icky pregnancy (usually) means healthy babies!