What did I think of the consignment convention?
It was pretty neat. I went looking for a sling and some maternity clothes specifically. The sling I had with Conlan was borrowed and never returned, so I need to buy/make a new one before the new baby. I would probably need to do this anyway, as the old sling was very padded and I don't think suitable for a spring/summer baby. I also didn't end up buying many maternity clothes, as I am not really all that pregnant yet. There's another one of these coming up in September in Norman, and I'll look for maternity clothes there instead. I did get winter clothes for Conlan and some birthday presents. He needed new bedding for his room that was sports themed and old timey at the same time, and I found a set for that. I also bought him (as a birthday present) a giant, stuffed, silent Elmo. He loves Elmo, but I can't stand most Elmo toys. He has the most annoying voice and the worst giggle. Well, this Elmo doesn't make a sound, and he was a decent price, so I went ahead and bought him. But after today, Conlan doesn't get him until October.
Most items I bought at the sale were under $5 a piece. I bought a set of 3 pajamas for $8, but I was disappointed that someone had taken the pair of pants from the ziploc for one of the sets. I mean, if you're going to steal, take the whole set! (Not that I advocate theft, but come on! Why would they take just the bottoms?!?!) Overall, it was a good thing to go to. I only spent an hour there, and I could have easily grabbed more. For those of you who are finished having children and still have lots of great clothes in great condition, I recommend consigning your stuff there. You get 70% off the price. With the one in Norman, I plan on volunteering or donating something to get a discount.
So, look it up in your area. It could be worth it.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Just Between Friends Review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment