Monday, August 18, 2008

Lots to do, so little time

Well, I neglected my blog again this weekend. I know there are a lot of people who don't blog when their hubbies are home, but my hubby works almost every Saturday. :( So sorry!

Friday was a sleepy day for me. I needed rest, but I couldn't get myself to sleep. So many hours were spent on the couch with a book or a movie, trying to get some rest. Around 12:30, I missed a call on my cell phone from the doctor's office. When I listened to the message, I freaked out because they said not to call back until Monday. (The office closes at noon on Fridays for calls from patients.) Well, while at the office, I saw that they only call when something is wrong or abnormal. Both Jonathan and my mother reassured me that they wouldn't have insisted that I call on Monday if something major was wrong. After a few minutes of tears, I convinced myself that they were right. I then proceeded to try and nap again.

Saturday was a lot like Friday, except that I actually got a nap while Conlan was sleeping. (Yey!!) After an entire day of threatening rain, Jonathan, Conlan, and I ended up at a free minor league baseball game; Enterprise bought the tickets. :) It was perfect for a night outside, and we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. We only stayed until the top of the 5th inning, however, because minor league innings last a lot longer than major league. The pitchers throw balls a lot, and the Redhawks scored quite a bit from the Omaha Royals pitcher walking players onto bases. The bottom of the second inning lasted 45 minutes. When we went home, we had a Cowboys/Broncos preseason game recording, and of course Jonathan couldn't go to bed without watching the Broncos play. He's a HUGE football fan, and he won't miss a game if possible. (He found a website that streams the local Denver coverage for every game, so he shouldn't miss one unless we're not home.) A lot of our favorite players are gone (John Lynch is playing for New England and Jason Elam is playing for Atlanta...both are Broncos icons), but Jonathan is really excited about the new team. I enjoy watching them play as well. So, we spent Saturday on our two favorite sports, baseball (mine) and football (Jonathan's).

Sunday morning we decided to try another church. I don't know if I remembered to mention this; the Sunday after we made the decision to attend Bridgeway, we knew it was the wrong decision. So we're still looking. Unfortunately the church we planned on attending, we couldn't find! We decided to just go ahead and pick up my car from Jonathan's work where I had left it the night before, as it was 11:00 and too late to go to a service at any church. We decided to take the "long" way, and in the process, we found the church we had been looking for! So, that's where we'll go next week. We spent the morning just walking around this area in Midwest City. I wasn't feeling great; my stomach has been really finicky, which is a great sign to me. We hung around long enough to go to lunch, then grabbed my car and went home. When we got here, Conlan wouldn't go back to sleep (he had fallen asleep in the car), so I tried laying down with him on the couch and watching a movie. He doesn't really have the attention span for a whole movie (which is great!), so 30 minutes into Finding Nemo he was jumping around and ready for a snack. I didn't get my nap either. :( Not long after that I got a Facebook message from a college friend named Jeannie, whom I hadn't talked to in a very long time. She basically said, "I live in Oklahoma City! Where are you?" We exchanged phone numbers and talked for a while. This was a really neat thing for me. Even though I didn't really know Jeannie very well in college, she is someone that I could trust with my child if needed. She offered to watch him if we ever need her to. I would definitely like to get to know her better as well. She was always such a nice person, so full of joy and excitement. Her brother is also a youth pastor in the area, so she's going to give me some ideas about different churches. She goes to First Baptist, which we have already decided is too big for us. (I am, however, watching their website for opportunities to get involved. They have a great women's ministry.) So, that was a big blessing. We have a friend-- and a babysitter if needed. We need to have her over for dinner soon. :)

Today, after a few hours of phone tag, I finally got a hold of the doctor's office. They just wanted to call and tell me that I had the beginnings of a minor infection, and told me what to do to treat it. It's not something big, but it just has the potential to get out of hand while pregnant. I went ahead and let the nurse know how worried I had been, and she apologized and reassured me that she would have made sure she talked to me on Friday if it had been a big deal. She said everything else looked great and normal. So, I pray that I get to see my little one's heart beat on Friday! Maybe I'll take in the video camera so I can share that precious, precious movement with you all. Now, I'm going to nap while it's still cool and rainy outside. Goodnight...err...afternoon!

No comments: