Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Hurricane Threat

This morning I woke up to something that resembles rain lightly hitting the windows. Gustav is finally here, and do you know what he brought? Lots of wind and temperatures in the low 60s. There are spatters of sprinklings here and there, enough to keep the dog inside, but nothing really worth fretting about. Two days ago they were threatening 6 inches of rain between yesterday and today. Don't get me wrong, the streets outside our neighborhood are prone to flooding (though we don't get it ourselves), so that's something to take seriously, but I think my hydrangea needs to leave the porch and sit out in the yard...it MIGHT get enough water. I can understand forcing people to evacuate in the deep south with tides rising and all. But it's not all that bad up here.

Today we're going to head to the library and return some books. There are a few overdue, but I have NO idea where one of them is. It's a board book, and Conlan likes to assimilate those into his own stash. However, after rearranging his books, I still can't find it. The rest of the day, I plan on enjoying the inside, listening to the rain tiptoe on my windowpanes.

No comments: