Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Pumpkin Fever

Oh, how I LOVE the coming of Autumn!! Falling leaves, cooler weather, warm scarves, and rich, tasty pumpkins!

This morning Jonathan is going in late to work, so I ran to the store. I needed to pick up dinner and some bread/bananas. Well, the most beautiful thing was sitting in the produce section...a beautifully orange pumpkin. I couldn't resist! I like the big ones, but as I want to eat them, I buy the small ones more. They're priced well at Wal-Mart right now, because no one buys them. Am I the only one that hates that you can only buy fresh pumpkin for two months a year? I realize that they're harvest veggies, but stores only sell them through Halloween. :( Pumpkin pie is a staple for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I hate using canned pumpkin. It's just not quite as good. Anyway, our day long cold front inspired me. :)

By the way, sorry for not updating last night. Our day went pretty well. My stylist was chatty, so I was late to my park playdate. We had a good time though. As we were leaving, though, Conlan scraped his leg on some protruding cement. The scrape wasn't that bad and only slightly bruised, but he's still learning to be a little boy. We've had minimal scrapes at this point. Well, that scrape caused about 3-4 hours of relentless screaming (some before and some after a nap). He was so upset that I couldn't get him to eat lunch, so I just put him to bed. When he woke up, he was still angry. I finally got him to eat after his nap, let him watch Elmo, and he was much better. Jonathan's football game went very well, which was part of the reason I didn't post. We're die hard Broncos fans here, and they beat their division rivals, the Oakland Raiders, 41-14. With Tom Brady out for the season and Peyton Manning not living up to his potential, it's really anyone's season in football this year.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Poor Conlan...Poor Mommie! That does not sound like a fun day. :(

Vashey Fam said...

Isn't it interesting how anger can keep a toddler from eating. Wyatt does that too. I make pumpkin pie from the pumpkin too. It tastes so much better that way!