And...of course...MOPS was absolutely NOTHING like I was afraid it would be. (Jamie, I knew you were right, and I should have listened to you from the beginning.)
The group of women there are fun and energetic, and even though they aren't exactly like me or people I've known in the past, they're a great group of women. I think I'm really going to enjoy it. One of the ladies there, the mentor mom, is a Lutheran homeschooling mom. I grew up in the Lutheran church, and though my worship preferences have changed quite a bit since high school, I still found comfort in talking to her. We had a great time, and I'm looking forward to a few weeks from now.
We had one question that was, "What's the silliest thing you've ever done?" If you knew me in college, you know that I'm a little nutty...and t-shirts can become all sorts of random things when you have too much caffiene in your system. But one of the ladies in my group mentioned that she loves to dance with her kids to the ending credits of movies. They go up to the front of the theater and just dance and dance. How fun is that? A few of the moms were like, "I only dance with my kids at home." But I thought about something Dana and Dave told us once, a few weeks before we had Conlan..."Having kids gives you the freedom to act stupid in public without fear of condemnation." Amen sister!! I love that I no longer feel self consious when singing in public or giggling in public or dancing in public. I remember when I was growing up, my dad would always pull his pants up under his armpits at the mall and stick his belly out. He would then proceed to act like a total dork and embarrass his three daughters. I look forward to the day now when Conlan looks at me and says, "Moooooooommmmmmmm!!!" Maybe that will never happen...then he'll just be silly along with me...
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Silliness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Ted pulled up his pants over his belly and stuck out his belly once when we went into Walmart. This was when we were first married. I laughed and laughed and laughed he looks so funny. Every now and then he'll do it for me just for the fun of it. My dad doesn't have a problem with public goofiness either. I'm glad you can be you! It's so much better that way.
Yay! I'm so, so glad you enjoyed MOPS! Our group starts up next Tuesday and I'm looking forward to it! It's definitely not the same as a Bible Study, but it's a great organization and I feel like it has helped me as a Mom.
How neat that you got to chat with the Mentor Mom that you had so much in common with. Maybe a God wink? :-)
Oh, I'm sure you'll find a way to bring Conlan to the "Mooommmm" moment! You have it in you, I know it.
Post a Comment