I realize that it's still October, and Halloween is still this week, but Christmas has started looming over (in a good way.)
This morning, my once blooming hydrangea died a horrible death in the sub-freezing temperatures during the night. I should have been smart and brought it in, but we were out late with some friends from church, and it was not on my mind. Thoughts of pies, muffins, homemade hot chocolate, cider, and hearty soups make my stomach rumble this morning. Though I still have Conlan's costume to make, my mind has moved on to the coming months. I'm already trying to decide what style of wrapping paper I'm in the mood for this year. (Most likely, when I step into Target, I'll find the perfect paper. They didn't have it out yet though. Next Saturday...) I'll leave the fall decorations out until Thanksgiving, but I'm decorating my house in my mind for Christmas.
Today we're going to attempt the Movers and Shakers class at the library again. Conlan has a doctor's appointment right around the time on Wednesday (which we'll still try to make if possible), but it's not likely. We have to bundle up to walk out the door today in order to stay warm. Another project high on my priority list is the cart cover. Flu season is JUST around the corner at this point, so I need to get that cover finished. Conlan has a tendency to pick up everything that other kids leave behind.
Well, if we're going to accomplish all I hope to today, I should get going on it. Enjoy your day! Stay warm!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Christmas and Daily Plans
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Mmm, I'm in the Christmas zone early this year too. As much as I love fall, it's so very exciting to dream up a twinkling holiday season!
Don't throw out your hydrangea. I had 5 that I thought were completely dead until little by little they started coming back to life. Plant it in the ground and wait for spring.
Post a Comment