Thursday, November 20, 2008

Argh...

Well, while I am VERY thankful that Conlan did NOT have an ear infection, I am quite upset at him for his behavior this morning. At the doctor's office, we discovered that his "ow" pain was coming not from his ears, but his mouth. His two year molars are coming in. That explains why he didn't eat dinner. Instead of grabbing his ears, he was actually grabbing his jaw. He was milking the attention and pampering. That's why all morning, he would look at me and say, "ow." Now, I realize that teeth coming in is no pain to laugh at, but I would have rather given him Motrin (which was already in our medicine cabinet) than paid for a doctor's visit. Honestly, right before I took him to the office, I was suspicious that he wasn't as bad as he was pretending. He got happy pretty quickly once he calmed down enough to eat. So, I guess I have a drama queen...king for a son. Needless to say, we came home (after getting a few things recommended by his doctor to take care of his cold), and after a quick lunch (he didn't finish it before), he went right down for a nap.

Now, I'm trying to get my house clean, and I think I might be pretty successful. Most of the carpets are vacuumed. I might not get to mopping, but vacuuming is more important, since my mom is allergic to Oscar. Anyone else have any stinkerish, drama-queen/king children? Feel free to share. I'm now shaking my head and laughing at it instead of being frustrated. (Note: I never shared that frustration with Conlan; we just giggled all afternoon.) Anyway, share your stories. I sometimes feel somewhat alone in my world of a stinkerish child...who I wouldn't change for anything. Sigh. Boys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think my mom had a few stinkerish, drama queen/king children. =)

Anonymous said...

I hope this isn't a duplicate comment. Conlan knows he is a loved child and only his mommy holds magical powers to make him feel good. He will use any kind of drama to make Mommy use that special power to make him feel better. Isn't is wonderful to be the center of someone else's world. Love GGMother Janes