Just about 30 minutes after I finished posting, Conlan decided he was going to be in a bad mood. He'd been great all morning, so I figured it was just because I was cleaning and not paying attention to him. Well, after lots of tears and "OW!"s I decided to call his doctor. He goes in this afternoon for an appointment. I'm pretty sure (as was the nurse) that he has an ear infection. We haven't gone through this before, so I'm a little shaken up about it. I have been through RSV and breathing treatments with him, but watching my little boy cry huge tears breaks my heart. He's laying on the floor watching his favorite little video (God Made Babies...cheesy but cute) on several pillows with his Elmo and night night. I can't tell you how many times the video has played through already; it automatically starts over when it's done. He tends to cry when it's going through the credits.
My plans are a little shot for the day. I probably won't be vacuuming the living room floor today or mopping the kitchen. I know my parents understand. So I guess I'll switch to sewing or reading. I'm making a little doll for Vera, and I have to make her some clothes. Also, I'm reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. I have things to do other than clean. Anyway, keep our munchkin in your prayers. He does not do well when he's sick.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Ear Infection
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
He takes after his daddy; I'm a real pansy when I'm sick. =)
You said it, not me. ;)
I had an incredible amount of earaches growing up and one thing my mom would give me was a sock filled with salt, or something (I don't remember exactly come to think of it) that she'd warmed in the oven. It really felt comforting. just a thought. hope he's okay!
Post a Comment