Thursday, November 13, 2008

Frustrated

Instead of blogging my frustrations this morning, I'm going to attempt to look at this day differently. No, my laptop isn't working, but yes, I still have a working computer. I have a wonderful hubby and amazing boy, and a healthy little girl on the way. Things may not work out the way I want them to, but since when is life about me? It's not. The quote that keeps coming to me is this:

Man's chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
--Westminster Confession of Faith

Then I tend to think of John Piper and the whole Christian Hedonism concept:

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.

So today I'm going to do my best to glorify God in everything I do. My frustrations may matter, but they aren't the end of the world. What I am going through is trivial compared to others, and nothing compared to Christ. If you think about it, pray for me today. I really want to get through this stronger and not more selfish...

No comments: