Friday, November 14, 2008

My Hubby Rocks Friday

My hubby rocks because he wants me to be happy with everything. (Here's the name story for our baby girl.)



We had talked about naming our first girl Vera May. Jonathan had a grandmother named Vera who died when he was young. May is my mother's maiden name. However, after we found out we were pregnant but before we knew what we were having, my step cousin Michelle had a girl and named her Vera Mae (same name, different spelling...in case you didn't notice). We had discussed other name options so that we could use both Vera and May. We thought about Vera Nicole and Bethany May. Well, since we wanted our first two children to have our mothers' maiden names as their middle names, we figured we would name her Bethany May. Jonathan was obviously (at least to me) upset about the decision. As we went through the day with him at work and me at home, I started to get very uneasy about our girl's name. I knew Jonathan was not happy about it. He kept assuring me that he was happy with the name. He kept saying, "Whatever you want honey." Well, when he was on the way home from work, I made him talk to me about it. I asked him to tell me what he wanted. He wanted to name her Vera (which I already knew.) He thought I wanted to name her Bethany, and he was okay with that. But since we see my cousin Michelle only once every few years, we decided that we would name our child what we had wanted. :) So, my hubby rocks because he wanted me to be happy. It was sweet.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I LOVE the name Vera and really like Vera May.

Ted apparently said when he heard her name "Well, now there's a John (Jack) and a Vera". We totally need pictures of them together at some point:)

Congratulations again!

(oh, and lest you think I am stalking your blog...I'm really just stalking your music player;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think Kelly's music player could successfully file a restraining order against quite a few of us.