I'm struggling again today with my attitude. Sometimes it just plain stinks!! Well, I'm going to do my best to look at things differently, and prove to myself that there are a lot of things to be incredibly thankful for.
I ran out of bread today after burning Conlan's grilled cheese sandwich, which means my lunch plans of grilled cheese and tomato soup are put to a halt.
If I can wait to eat for a little bit, I can bake some bread, which beats store bought by a mile!!
The temperature is rapidly dropping today. My feet are cold and my nose is runny, and Conlan is headed the same direction. On top of that, the FDA pulled most of the cold medicines off the shelf for children under 4 this year.
Cold weather means a snuggly dog at my feet, a fire in the fireplace, and LOTS of hot chocolate. Oh, and Christmas music. Don't forget Christmas music. I started taking some cold medicine yesterday (after doctor's approval) and woke up feeling better, though I'm a little more sleepy. Though most of the children's cold medicines are no longer for children under 4, Sudafed has dosage for children 2-4. The pharmacist at Wal-Mart said that if there's dosing on the package, he can have it. We got one of the last two boxes.I'm sitting in a back room of my house in order to be connected to the outside world.
At least I still have a computer. And the internet. And a house. So many people have so much less. On top of that, my new adapter should be delivered very soon, so I have nothing to complain about.
God is good, and His love endures forever. Thankfully, His mercies are new every morning as well. I wonder where I'd be without Him... He has blessed us so graciously, and honestly, if things are "difficult" at some point, we would be in trouble. And I laugh, because I know my difficulties aren't really difficulties at all...I turn everyday life into huge issues.
Thanks so much for listening. Writing sometimes is the only way to really work this stuff out. I'm so incredibly selfish, and I like to dwell in self-pity too often. I'm going to go bake some bread and light a fire. Maybe read a good book or watch a movie. (I checked the old animated Hobbit out from the library, and the first 5 minutes were too much for Conlan, so I get to watch it by myself. :) I remember loving that as a kid.) Anyway, have a great day.





1 comment:
For cold feet, I have found that the best trick is to use liner socks (available at hiking stores) or ladies dress socks (trouser socks). They have to be like nylon or polypropolene. These help keep wetness off your feet. Then put on a layer of yummy wool socks. Toasty all winter long.
Post a Comment