Last night I couldn't sleep until I verified that our crib was or was not recalled. I snuck into Conlan's room while he was sleeping and got the manufacturer's/model number off the crib. Sure enough, our crib has been recalled. SO, we took it apart this morning and are taking it back to Wal-Mart, where they'll determine that it's been recalled and (had better) give us our money back. I think that's federal law though, that they have to give it back to us, even without a receipt.
I'm a little curious as to why I didn't get information about the recall in the mail. We filled out all the warranty/registration stuff for that reason on all of our baby stuff. Maybe it's because we've moved twice since we did all that.
On another note, I can't help but worry a little bit about whether or not I'm being prepared for something. I know I can't protect my baby, but something inside of me is nagging that God is getting me ready for another loss. I have stopped reading Bring the Rain for now for that very reason; I think it's making me a little paranoid. Then this thing with the crib, plus little things. Please, please, please pray for me in this. I know that God's will is more important than mine, but I'd rather His will not be that I lose another baby. Something inside of me is just not allowing me to get truly excited...
Sunday, January 18, 2009
The Crib
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I struggled with this with Amara. It was really bad and intense for a good three days or so. With James being so sick this year I feel like each time I had to give him over to the Lord because my heart holds onto him so tightly. It's tough. As it was said in church today, every cry, every agony, every pain and every fear can be used by God. May the Lord give you peace even in these times.
Post a Comment