Our playdate with Elizabeth didn't go so well...
Nothing was wrong with Elizabeth (or the kids), but my child for some reason decided to be a terror. Who knew he had it in him? I certainly didn't. We ended up having to leave before lunch (and didn't get there until 10) because of a tantrum. Once again, who knew he had it in him? Conlan is not a tantrum thrower by any means. For some reason, he decided that he wanted to ignore me today. I was so shocked and quite frankly, a little embarrassed. Elizabeth just smiled and said it always happens when you're bragging on your kids; they go and do something like that.
So we came home, ate lunch, and SOMEone went down for a long nap. My nice, relaxing morning quickly melted into a disgusting glob of screams and tension headaches. It's funny, I mentioned a couple of days ago that life is inconvenient. I really felt it today.
We haven't had to really take anything from Conlan as a discipline yet. He's responded really well to timeouts and little bottom-smacks. His stubbornness just blossomed today as he yelled "no" at me every time I told him to do something. Sure, he's listened while screaming and whining before, but "no" hasn't been a big response from him. *sigh* I guess we're just entering that stage.
On a positive note, we are doing well with the potty. This morning he "missed" the shield and peed all over the floor. Thankfully, he had gotten Thomas taken away and had to go potty in the bathroom. Pee is a lot easier to clean up when it's not on carpet.
Well, off to a meeting. Gnite!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Playdate Disasters and then Some
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment