I think I just had a minor heart attack.
I was putting dinner in the crockpot for later, and I stepped into the living room to find Conlan playing with my open bottle of prenatal vitamins. It wasn't open when I left it; apparently Conlan just figured out how to open a child-proof cap.
Poison Control assured me that there was no way he ate as many as he would need to cause a problem. They don't taste very good, and they're pretty big. He would have needed to eat 5-6 for me to take him to the emergency room. That's really unlikely. Chances are he didn't eat one at all. But just to be sure, we're going to load him up with dairy this afternoon. Today Conlan gets all the milk, cheese, and yogurt he wants.
Pray that he'll be fine; pray that I won't go into labor from all the anxiety I'm feeling right now.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Minor Heart Attack
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
that is scary. i can hardly swallow my vitamins, so hopefully if he tasted one he spit it right out (like i usually want to do) :)
It is scary! I don't want to gloss over that fact...deep breaths!
but I do want to say that God watches over crazy kids and I have lots of stories to prove it ;-). For instance, once my sister ate a whole bottle of children's tylenol and then punked on my uncle's carpet. He wasn't a very nice uncle ;-) hehe, so we weren't too upset with her.
Once, when my mom was pregnant with John, Alan came inside chewing something and when it opened his mouth it was full of rolly polly's!! :-) hehe. She definitely hurled.
One day Conlan will thank you. For now, though, he'll probably keep giving you minor heart attacks.
:-) love you!!
Conlan's daddy once ate almost an entire bottle of children's tylenol. Poison control talked me through that one, too. :)
Hey! Scary stuff! I think they would taste too nasty to eat more than one, too. Do you have the Poison Control number memorized now, too? lol, I do! It was embarrassing the last time I called and they asked where I got the number (a survey thing - I don't think they ask this every time) and I said I just had it memorized. LOL!
Post a Comment