Monday, February 09, 2009

Not in the Mood

I haven't really been in the mood to blog lately...sorry. My days have been filled with drowsiness and heartburn.

I had meant to post this last Friday after My Hubby Rocks Friday, but my parents who were coming to visit showed up several hours early. (They normally do, so I was slightly surprised, but not really.) Anyway, Friday was my 10 year anniversary of coming to Christ, or getting saved, or however you want to put it. I always remember it on February 6th, but ever since graduating from college, I haven't had the time to really celebrate it other than a prayer of thanks. Anyway, I just wanted to share. Ten years is a long, yet relatively short, time. I can still remember my life before, but I can't imagine where I'd be without my relationship with God. On Sunday, we were talking in Sunday School, and I got to thinking about how God has brought me so far, even if I don't feel like I've changed much. We started talking about the apostle Peter, and it made me smile to think that even if I feel like I'm stuck in a rut, God knows where He's taking me in this rut. Peter probably felt like an idiot several times during his experiences with Christ, yet God used him to for incredible purposes. Anyway, God's not done with me yet. He hasn't accomplished what He wants to with me. I may feel like it takes forever, but I have this little problem of looking at the smaller picture.

I have officially passed the 2 months left mark. My poor hubby (as I mentioned Friday) has to deal with me sleeping on the couch pretty much every night. Discomfort is part of my normal day, as is fatigue. Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. I'm feeling quite blessed actually, because at this point with Conlan I was still nauseous, and even the couch was uncomfortable. Plus I couldn't breathe. My heartburn is worse, but Zantac works GREAT when I remember to take it.

Well, I don't really feel up to writing much more; I'm still not really in the mood. So if I neglect this blog for a few days before I write again, please forgive me. I'm going to try and keep up with everything.

2 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

i hope you find some relief, i completely understand your pains and discomforts and the only consolation i can offer is that right now in hindsight i can't remmeber most of it even though i know it was excruciating while in it.

Kelly said...

Oh, like I said, I feel pretty blessed at this point. I sometimes get heartburn so bad that it makes me nauseous, but like I said, if I take a Zantac I'm fine. My doctor recommended that as opposed to popping Tums all day...she doesn't want me to get kidney stones! Sometimes I wish I could be like Kate...the ever positive pregnant woman!