Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Last night we went to the hospital...again. I was sent home...again. BUT...I came home without a shot in my arm, which is better to me than coming home without a baby at this point. As far as the nurse could tell, I'm in the early stages of labor. I've now been having contractions every five minutes...pretty consistently...for around 13 or 14 hours. Soooooo...in the words of the nurse there, it could be hours, or it could be days.

Jonathan and I are doing our best to get along with everyday life, though it's honestly pretty difficult. He works (partially) across town, but the hospital is only 5 minutes away. I'm always scared that something's going to happen and he's going to be in the middle of something urgent at work. He also, though, is answering his phone every time I call now, which is not always the case. (No hard feelings in that area, just so you know...I understand that if he doesn't answer, it's because he can't.) At the same time, every time I've gone, and he hasn't been home, he's been here right about the time I'm ready to go. It takes a bit of time to prepare a two year old for his first overnight stay at someone else's house. :( I guess this is the main thing...we are going to have kids very soon now. Right now we have kid. That "s" makes a huge difference.

Sorry I've written nothing but preggo posts lately. I'm at the point where my mind is consumed with baby thoughts. That's part of the reason I'm up when I am. Even though I didn't go to bed until after midnight, when I woke up at 5 for usual pregnancy reasons, I couldn't go back to sleep. I am anxious. Very anxious. Most pregnant moms are at this stage. I'm not that great at Scripture memorization, but thankfully one has been popping into my mind throughout this whole process. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God" (Philippians 4:6). I feel like this has to do more with worry, which I'm no longer doing, but God keeps bringing it to mind for a reason. This baby will come when it is time for her to come. God's timing is perfect, whereas a pregnant woman normally wants the baby out by 30 weeks, when He's not done with him/her yet.

Well, I'm going to get a few things done this morning while my boy and husband are sleeping soundly. Morning to all!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Connie has been keeping us up to date!! We are praying for you!!

The Peacock Pearl said...

i'm horrible at memorizing too, so when i had annabelle i had a sheet of verses written down to read through when i needed! just type in some key words in a bible search and print away!

Anonymous said...

We read Connie's blog and quickly clicked on your blog. We are waiting to hear about our first Great Granddaughter. While we are anxious to hear we know that it's good for her to wait as long as possible. You two are great parents to Conlan and you will be extra great when you have two kids. Love, Grandma Janice and Grandpa Jigger.

Kate said...

Hey! I can't wait to hear that your baby is here. I have another blog-world friend whose water broke this morning and she is waiting too. Maybe you could kill some time crocheting baby booties! =P

It will all be over soon and you will look back and not even remember the anxious feelings.

I like "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." - Isaiah 26:3

And I think you will be a great mommy of two! =) I don't really remember what it was like to just have Emily, but it is so fun having more than one. =)