Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Prayer Request

A lot of posts all at once...

Please pray for my grandfather. He just found out that he has prostate cancer. It's easy for them to treat and low risk as far as cancer goes, but cancer is never something to take lightly. This is my maternal grandfather, whereas the grandmother that was in the hospital was my paternal grandfather. That makes it a little bit easier, because both grandparents on the same side aren't going through something at the same time. However, this is definitely hard on my maternal grandmother and my mom. Plus, my sisters tend to take news like this really badly.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer in May 2007. I FREAKED - cancer is scary.

Then I found out that on average it takes 10-15 years to show symptoms. He ended up having his prostate removed (he was only 59), and is fine now. They don't think he should have any future problems.

It's scary, but as far as cancer goes...it's the one to get.

We'll pray for all of y'all!

Nadine said...

You're right - cancer is not a word you ever want to hear. I pray that it will go well for your grandfather and that God will heal him completely. I will also keep your mom and grandmother in prayer.